News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dash pad

Started by mikes4692003, April 16, 2009, 06:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikes4692003

:shruggy:   does anyone know to get the dash pad off

rudyjrusa

what type of car??  i took mine off a 74 charger.  had to remove all items underneath dash.

Hemidog

That goes for the 68-70 charger aswell. Cluster, radio, glove box....

mikes4692003

1969 charger how does the dash pad come  off

Hemidog

The dash holds the pad with 6 speed nuts inside. Unless you're going to remove the windshield and dash, you'll have to remove the instrument cluster, glove box liner, heater panel and radio to access them.

Ghoste

Very strong elves or contortionist monkeys work well also.

lexxman

You'll also need a long extention to get at them.It will be a pain with the dash still in the car,I think.

mikes4692003

i dont see any bolts or nuts that hold on the dash pad would it be glued on?

Hemidog

jar1292

sory for your luck. i battled this for days till i relized the glass had to go.  :RantExplode:there are six of those little plastic nuts that take like a half turn to get off. i tried over and over to get some tools in there but failed. even midget hands are no good. but once the glass is out its a walk in the park!
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

Ghoste

FWIW, it can be done with it in the car.  I have done a couple that way but everything in the dash was stripped out.  Even with that it was still a struggle so if you are going that far and there is any excuse to remove the windshield, that'd be a good time.

472 R/T SE

It helps if you have the new pad you want to replace it with.  Take it and hold it above the one inside the car.  That gives you a general idea where to put your extended socket.

This is what I pulled in order to do the pad.  Red circles are where the studs will be.  They're attached with the speed nuts.

bull

I removed mine with the glass and wiring in place. It's not impossible.

Winged 1

;)
Pulling the glass has nothing to do with with pulling the pad unless your wanting to pull the dash..
Just my opinion..
Best of luck,
Eric