News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More seat upholstery questions...

Started by Tilar, April 08, 2009, 06:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

Where can I buy these? They are small wires connected with like a small rope and covered with what looks like burlap. They look like they should be an assembly that you can buy.

The "S" looking spring pattern is wore into the "Burlap", but if you look close you can see the wires. They look like a thin piano wire.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ghoste

When I redid my seats last summer I installed new burlap over the "S" springs and got some of that wire to weave through there from a local furniture reupholster.  I'm not sure if it wasn't just regular piano wire  or something specific to the purpose but it can't be expensive because she didn't even charge me for it.

Tilar

So you weaved it through the burlap or did you lay it on top?
Dave  

Ghoste

Tilar

Thanks Ghoste, I'll make a few stops tomorrow at some furniture upholstery shops.
Dave  

Ghoste

I also remember that the stuff was extremely difficult to bend in spite of the small guage.  It came off a roll but cutting and folding it at the edges showed its real strength.  Sharp at the cut ends too.

Tilar

I know the old ones are like that. Very tough for a small gauge wire.
Dave  

Needa68

Hope you all find this useful in your seat repairs.

http://www.geocities.com/robertmitchell32000/seatrepair/index.html

Page is from your Coronet Restoration site found here: www.geocities.com/robertmitchell32000
Drive fast, make the light.

The Mitchell & Mitchell 1968 Dodge Restorations

http://www.68dodgerestorations.com