News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

He should have Dodged it but instead he got Rammed

Started by bull, April 21, 2009, 09:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

http://www.galvnews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=39907a15aabbdba0

Man dragged 400 feet under pickup

By Chris Paschenko
The Daily News
Published April 21, 2009

CRYSTAL BEACH — A Crystal Beach man hit by a pickup said Monday he grabbed the truck's undercarriage to keep from being crushed by the tires and was dragged about 400 feet.

Stacy Crews, 40, remained hospitalized in good condition at Memorial Hermann Hospital after his Friday morning ride underneath a blue Dodge pickup truck on Nobel Carl Road.

"After losing my home and car to the hurricane, this ain't good," said Crews, whose breathing was labored. "I'm hurting real bad."

Crews was walking on the side of the road about 7 a.m. to meet his ride to work for a house-moving company when he heard the truck approaching. Crews turned and was hit by the bumper but doesn't remember what he latched onto.

"I just grabbed, I imagine, the sway bar," Crews said. "As I reached up, I knew I was underneath the vehicle, hanging on."

The driver accelerated, possibly thinking he was doing Crews a favor by not stopping on top of him, Crews said. Holding onto the truck kept him from being crushed by the tires, Crews said.

Crews, who never lost consciousness, said he knows the driver's name after talking with one of the man's relatives.

"My hat and sunglasses were 400 feet away from where my body was," Crews said, noting he was dragged over "part asphalt, part mud and part grass."

"I remember all three of them," he said.

The truck stopped, and the driver fled.

Trooper Joe Petrillo, who is investigating the incident for the Texas Department of Public Safety, didn't reveal the suspect's name. His whereabouts were unknown Monday, Petrillo said.

Crews expects to spend six months recovering from his injuries, including a leg fractured in three places, four broken ribs, a punctured lung and a cracked vertebra.

Crews has no medical insurance, and Petrillo said it is unknown whether the driver was insured.

"As of right now, we didn't see any (insurance papers) in the vehicle," Petrillo said.

Crews was living in a mobile home in Crystal Beach after Hurricane Ike slammed ashore Sept. 13, causing severe flooding and damaging much of the upper Texas coast.

"I don't know what's going to happen," said Crews, who is expected to have additional X-rays Tuesday on his back. "God will provide. I will make it. Everything happens for a reason ... He wouldn't close one door without opening another."

69bronzeT5

Wow, what a story. That guy is lucky he survived. I hate people who do hit and runs :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

captnsim

Edit:I've removed my post due to the on going nature of the court case my post involved.