News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who carries brake pads for stock front disc brakes?

Started by Lord Warlock, January 16, 2009, 09:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

Recently got a rebuilt set of bendix front calipers, they came back with pucks in place but no pads, so where do i find stock disc pads these days?  I doubt they're available at the local parts store.  Looks like i'll need to get a set of rotors soon too, mine are a bit gouged with ridges you can feel, and cannot be turned anymore. I found the rotors at year one, but who sells the pads?

Anyone sell front and back pad kits? disc/drum

Thx

Lord Warlock
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Lord Warlock

Also, what is the correct color for the calipers to be, one is a gunmetal grey color, the other is rust colored, the plastic bags they were stored for six months in (out of my control) had condensation form in the bag and the surface is an orange color.  I'll clean them up this weekend, but wonder if they should be painted black or grey or what.  The car isn't a restoration, just a survivor. Black would go well with the color scheme, but can't be seen anyway behind the rims.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

moparjohn

I had my pads re-lined by White Post Restorations, good work quicxk turn around, 540-837-1140, ask for Billy
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

gtx6970

rotors www.durabrake.com I know for a fact they have them, but not listed on there site last I ck'd

pads www.calipersonline.com

RD

do you want OE style brake pads with color coding or just brake pads?  Each autopart store either carries the brake pads you need or can get them within 1 day.

check out: www.oreillyautoparts.com

get the semi-metallic type of pad as that is what the caliper was designed to manipulate.  if you get a ceramic or organic pad, the pad will wear down quicker and not provide you with the stopping power you desire.  though they will not provide as much brakedust, that is the only positive.  there are different types of semi-metallics that you can use that can absorb sound at different levels.  wagner thermoquiet and wagner edge are the best on the market and both are made by federal mogul. you can order online from oreillys too.

they sell rotors too.

*edit*

brake pads: part # MKD85 http://www.oreillyautoparts.com/EW3/ProductDetail.do?id=2102988235&line=BB&itemNumber=MKD85&categoryIndex=0&didSearchFor=Brake+Pads&vehicle=1969DODGECHARGERR/TV8-440%207.2L&bid=1232691847188&cycleCount=758&currentPage=0

I will find the part number for the rotors when i go to work tomorrow.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Lord Warlock

color coding really isn't that important, no show judges are going to get that technical with my car.  Not anytime soon that is.  There are other items to fix that would be bigger attention draws than brake pads. 

I ordered a set from calipers online.  One of the first couple of links. 

Now i gotta find new lines for the calipers, the little feed line that screws into the caliper itself and goes to the brake line, the old ones are so corroded and rusted to the original calipers they are stripping rather than turning.  I have one on each side of the old calipers, but i seem to missing one of the braces (its gotta be in the parts box somewhere) 

resq302

Kinda an old topic but just figured I would add to Lord Warlocks search for the brake line parts.  Try Fine Lines or some other brake line place.  That is where I got the short metal line that goes from the caliper to the rubber line.  If I remember correctly, they also sold the rubber flex line too.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Lord Warlock

Thanks, i'll look into that,  still haven't gotten to the brake job yet...working on the back window channel right now...it never ends.