News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

383 Hi Pro Poor Takeoff: Spark or Torque Converter?

Started by SF-CHSE, February 19, 2008, 10:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob R

It's such a short cam that if it's in late it's no big deal...you do have a Holley style carb on this engine or did I miss read something...because if your trying to make some small E carb work with limited automotive knowledge you have an up hill battle...
So let me get everything straight...230@50 cam..a real "not stock" 2500rpm converter..MSD ign "dist/box/wires..and a Holley style carb...
if you have this you could pull one plug wire off this combo and it could still be tune-able and would still light up the tires from a dead stop...
If you have this hardware...MP me and I'll give you my phone number and talk you through a tune up...I type with one finger and typing this little blurb is the max for me

tommymac

Thanks,when I take it out from winter storage I will.The more I read and the more you guys talk about these motors the more we all learn.

FJ571440B

Next time....

FJ571440B

Quote from: SF-CHSE on March 04, 2008, 10:30:25 PM
Rob R you are correct!
The engine is starving for fuel.
We metered the fuel pressure during our chassis dyno pulls and found that the fuel pump is inadequate.
The fuel pressure is way off, causing our HP curve to fall from 375HP to Zero.
To install a new Holly performance fuel pump and dyno again on Thursday.
Hopefully we'll get to 400HP.
Maybe then I will get to spin the big 270 rear tires.
At least "pull a weiner off a plate".
JR
A weiner.....LOL
Next time....

FJ571440B

I agree on the cam deal. I've ran into similar situations 383/440. Learned it on a virgin 440 first off,advanced it 2* and it was like night and day. Adanced a virgin 383 4* once and it also ran sweet,got a little hot at times but pulled better. Both motors started with the dots lined up. I'm not saying to just throw a offset in there,but degreeing your cam is key. It works like the brain for the whole engine. I just may have gotten lucky in 1 or so cases. Oh yeah lose the Eddy 750!
Next time....