News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Daytona clone...

Started by Daytona R/T SE, March 28, 2009, 08:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

You got me to thinking.
I started looking at my R/T emblems and I think I've decided to forget the tail stripe and put the quarter and tail panel R/T emblems back on the car. My qtr emblems are perfect and I can repair the tail panel emblem. Should give the car a distinct look. I'll paint the wing glossy black.
Now I just wish that I hadn't welded up all of those holes.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 01, 2009, 10:35:14 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on April 01, 2009, 08:59:35 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 01, 2009, 05:43:52 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on April 01, 2009, 11:57:41 AM
Hey i see my car in the background!   :drool5:   :icon_smile_big:  :icon_smile_big:

Paul,

Did you mean the '70 Charger that's loaded on my trailer, ready for it's trip to the

crusher, or ...

Did you mean the '72 Imperial that's being prepared for the demolition derby?

I'm gonna need my BIG hammer to bash all of the glass out of it   :scratchchin:
dont crush my car , we had a deal

please dont crush em     save em    :smilielol:    i'll take it

Let's hurry up and make the trade, Stuart.

I'm itching to crush something, it doesn't make me any difference if I crush my '70

500, or if I trade it straight across for your '69 500 and crush it instead.

C-R-U-N-C-H !
please dont crush em     save em    :smilielol:    i'll take it
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mauve66

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 01, 2009, 10:56:21 PM
Are you sure your wife won't notice it? I just got through getting her ready for the Demo.

It might be a little tough sneakin' it up the driveway with the flames shootin' six feet up out of the stacks.

I jerked that boat anchor 440 out, sold it to some Mo-power idiot for $50.  :hah:

Boy was he a dumbass.  :smilielol:

I REALLY screwed him!  :lol:

Said he was "Gonna drop it in his 'Cuda"  :shruggy:

I said "That sounds to me like it sure would hurt" :eek2:

Then I dropped in my good 350 with the four bolt main outa grandpa's Silverado, it's the good one. It's a '76 ! :drool5:

'Pa said I gots to have the motor back in the truck monday morning, so he can drive Grandma to town for her scurvy treatment. :pity:

Little brother torched the holes in the hood for the exhaust stacks, he got 'em a little crooked the first time, but we just wallered'em out a little bigger, now everything fits fine. :2thumbs:

I soaked the inside of that there Imperial with diesel fuel for a few hours, then tossed a match to burn out the insides-Sure beats the hell out of unbolting the seats and taking the dash out, saves a bunch of time! :yesnod:

'Course I bashed all the winders out first, just so the fire could breath. :coolgleamA:

Car stinks a little like burnt leather now, but we'll clean 'er up REAL good with that case of Vintage BRUT colonge I gots sittin' on my front porch left over from my disco days. :apimp:

She'll smell real purty then. :girlfight:

Gotta go ! The first coat of rolled-on latex house paint is about dry...Gotta go over to the sister's place, get a little lovin' and see if she's got any mobile home roofing tar left over from the last time we coated her roof of her trailer.

Gonna use it to spell EAT ME down the sides of the Imperial....Gonna put it on with an old mop oughta spell it out REAL good. :smoke:

yur sista got anothr sista???
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 02, 2009, 09:15:09 AM
You got me to thinking.
I started looking at my R/T emblems and I think I've decided to forget the tail stripe and put the quarter and tail panel R/T emblems back on the car. My qtr emblems are perfect and I can repair the tail panel emblem. Should give the car a distinct look. I'll paint the wing glossy black.
Now I just wish that I hadn't welded up all of those holes.  ;D

Larry, That should look pretty good.  :scratchchin:

Oh and put the damned SE emblems back on your car already...

Got a drill?

GET BUSY!!! ;)

hotrod98

In order to put the SE emblems back on, I would first have to weld up the holes where the Charger nameplates are now. That would mean some welding, filling, priming and painting on that brand new black paint job. I'll wait until the last possible minute to drill the holes for the R/T emblems, just in case I change my mind...again.
Hey, at least the black paint is starting to look good to me. And to think that I almost painted it red.  ;D

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteHey, at least the black paint is starting to look good to me.

i'm glad you see that now . :2thumbs:

man! that's gonna be a killer ride
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 03, 2009, 12:22:54 AM
In order to put the SE emblems back on, I would first have to weld up the holes where the Charger nameplates are now. That would mean some welding, filling, priming and painting on that brand new black paint job.

Oh, yeah that would be tough to do. For some reason I thought you had deleted the sail panel emblems altogether :shruggy:

I guess I need to read AND comprehend  ;)

Daytona Guy

Very very nice - it will be one of the best clones done.

hotrod98

I agree. B5 is the best color out there. I love my B5 blue cars.
Can't wait to see this one in person at the St. Louis wingcar show.  ;D

Charles Addams

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Daytona Guy on April 07, 2009, 11:55:26 AM
Very very nice - it will be one of the best clones done.

Thanks Dane!  :2thumbs:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 07, 2009, 12:43:02 PM
I agree. B5 is the best color out there. I love my B5 blue cars.
Can't wait to see this one in person at the St. Louis wingcar show.  ;D

Larry, I'm hoping it will stand out with the white interior, white wing and the sunroof  :2thumbs:

I thought long and hard about what color to paint it, V2 keeps coming to mind, but I think that's one of the more common Daytona colors out there.( If ANY Daytonas can be considered "common") You don't see too many B5 Daytonas though, so that's what I'm going with...

Maybe I'll make it to St. Louis by '10???

Keeping my fingers crossed ;)

WingCharger

Had you not painted your car B5, thats probably what I would be dreaming of today. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: The sunroof too. Oh well, back to Moonlight Blue. :D