News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Extra Holes above/in front of pinion snubber plate

Started by mopar_nut_440_6, April 27, 2009, 12:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_nut_440_6

Hello,

While installing my pinion snubber reinforcement plate I noticed three holes and I have no idea if they are stock or not. I suspect not!! Two of them are shown in a circle in the following picture. Do they belong? If so what mounts there? I suspect that somebody may have had an old Carter fuel pump mounted there as the holes look to be the correct configuration for one and the placement would be in front of the fuel tank.

Thanks once again!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

hemi-hampton

I dont think those holes belong there. I like to use a thicker plate when I do that. LEON.

mopar_nut_440_6

Thought so too but was hoping somebody would say yes! I wish I woudl have taken care of them before priming. Oh well a few more holes to weld up!

How thick of plate do you use?
1968 Charger R/T 440 

hemi-hampton

About twice as thick as I see there, If you drag race it will get a beating, do you plan on using a adjustable pinion snubber? LEON.

mopar_nut_440_6

Yes I will be using an adjustable pinion snubber. I used 1/8 inch steel plate to reinforce. It is easy enough for me to add another piece to that one but thought 1/8 inch would be thick enough as that is a bit better than stock.
1968 Charger R/T 440 

hemi-hampton

It's better then factory, should work fine.  :2thumbs: LEON.