News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LCA play or no play?

Started by chargers_r_us, April 02, 2009, 10:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargers_r_us

I am restoring the front end of my 73 Charger SE. I have new torsion bars and Billstein shocks coming from Firm Feel. I will need tie rod ends, pitman, idler, and I have a bad bushing in the lower control arm. I have parts cars, and I removed a LCA from one of those cars, and it has a bit of play when you grab the shaft and wiggle it in the control arm, and the play is not the bushing. It is VERY minimal play. Is that normal, or is that one bad? I still need to remove the one from my good car. Thanks for any help with this! It was "fun" to find the correct torsion bars! They are 43.6 on the 73 SE, and every place wants to sell a 41 inch bar for these cars!

John_Kunkel

The swivel on the inner end of the control arm will have some play, it won't be noticeable when the weight of the car is on it.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

chargers_r_us

Cool! Thanks! I will be able to get some more work done on it tommorrow! I want this one on the road in a month from now!