News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone seen Layson's video response on YouTube?

Started by Corellian Corvette, March 28, 2009, 07:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corellian Corvette

Didn't see any threads on this. I saw an ad in this months Mopar Enthusiast with a small Layson's advert, with a link to this page

www.youtube.com/gimeav8

Interesting video. I remember the whole dustup at Carlisle, but the thread died. Anyone know what's going on? Who is the "competitor" that has teamed up with Chrysler?

A383Wing

RD

i dont know.. i really dont.  i know what happened, but i know how much greed can influence businesses decisions.  ergo our current financial meltdown in the U.S.  Chrysler has always tried to put down independent manufacturers of aftermarket parts to ensure their monopoly of a market that has had no real support until the late 90's.  Almost thirty years of mediocre product support from a company that could care less about the products they made 20 some odd years ago and the people who own them.  If they cared, they would let loose patents to allow a more wide base of aftermarket parts like GM and Ford did, but they didnt.

Chrysler likes the concept of scarcity.  They love it so much their hemi blocks are 15K.

Layson may have a very valid point here.  Who knows what chrysler and the "competitor" has stewed up with in order to fatten their wallets.  Not like this is the first time businesses have ganged up on a smaller company in order to increase their market share.  And we teach our kids at schools not to bully, yet in corporate america it happens all the time "dog eat dog world" phrase come to mind.

Just another reason why i dislike capitalism i guess, oh well

MikeD style

---------------------------------------

who knows, layson may be up front and the line of bull we have been receiving is from the crooked parties?  makes you wonder.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Ghoste

Personally I find the smaller businesses fit the ideal of capitalism more than multinational corporate empires.  I always found corporations to be more like feudalism.  :D