News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My sons new Mopar

Started by keepat, March 10, 2009, 04:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

Pick up my oldest sons Jeep this past weekend from NJ. We ordered it 4 weeks ago just as he specked it out online. Got a great price, over 4,500 of the sticker price. Nick has saved for this Jeep for the past 4 years working at the marina, saving almost ½ the sticker price. As he has a 4.0+GPA (a lot smarter then me :slap:) and works hard at every thing he does, we work out that he would pay for 1/3, he would finance 1/3 at 0%, and as a graduation gift my wife & I would pay for a 1/3. Needless to say I'm very proud of Nick.
Pat

Charger-Bodie

Very Cool!

Lookin for any more sons??  :rofl:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

RD

awesome!! love to see examples of hard working, responsible youth out there.  way to go Nick!!!  Now put a big block in it!  dont worry dad wont mind. :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

WingCharger

THAT IS A SWEET JEEP! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I love Jeeps. Especially in Black. :coolgleamA:

jdiesel33

Nice jeep!!

Sounds like you raised a fine boy. We are proud for you!!!
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

69bronzeT5

Nice Jeep! Pat, forget Brian...do you want another son? :icon_smile_big:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TUFCAT

Jeeps have come a long way....that one is VERY nice!  :2thumbs: 

Charger_Fan

Way to go Dad & way to go Nick! :cheers:
That's a good lookin' Jeep. :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

vancamp

good to see a kid work hard for what he wants way to go, and congrats. :2thumbs:

keepat

Thanks! I have a lot to be proud of and thankful for in Nick! He loves classic rock, old cars, and all sports. He uses his cell phone to talk to people not to text them. His jeans aren't falling off and if you ever met Nick he would look you in the eye shake your hand and introduce himself to you. As parents we hope we can make a better life for our kids, the thing is they make our life's far better!
Thanks!
Pat     

Rolling_Thunder

agreed - nice to see you as a parent giving your son some lead way and meeting him half way   :2thumbs:   My parents made a similar deal - if my GPA stayed up they ould help me with half the cost of any vehicle I wanted (within reason) - So the 440+6 4-speed 1970 RT/SE charger was out of the question   :brickwall:       ended up getting the charger I still own when I was 15 - i have since payed my parents back the other portion of the price.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

chargerrt

The Jeep looks great!  Can you get those with the six-speed stick or is that only on the Rubicons?  It sounds like you've got your son on the same type of work/payment plan that my parents have me on.  Im not trying to toot my own horn, but as a kid (young adult) who has gotten both of his cars on this way, I can fully appreciate everything that I have.  I work for everything that I have and do and I'm glad my parents raised me the way they did.  I feel like I have a better head on my shoulders than the kids who had their parents just give them everything.  I hope your son feels the same way.

mikesbbody

Very nice! and congrats to Nick  :cheers:

Mopar2Ya

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Sublime/Sixpack

Nice story keepat, sounds as though you, your wife, and your son have it togther!  :2thumbs:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

mopar_nut_440_6

Congratulations to you and Nick. It is nice when your kids do well.

I also have a son named Nick who sounds very similar. He is 16 and in college right now. Plays football and is trying to get a scholarship to help with university. I bough him a Toyota Celica for Xmas. Yes, an import but when he saw it he mentioned he wanted one just like it so I made a deal on it. We have 5 boys, 19 - 9  some good some bad but all working out!!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Silver R/T

Hey I need rich daddy and mommy
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

keepat

Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on March 11, 2009, 12:44:28 AM
Congratulations to you and Nick. It is nice when your kids do well.

I also have a son named Nick who sounds very similar. He is 16 and in college right now. Plays football and is trying to get a scholarship to help with university. I bough him a Toyota Celica for Xmas. Yes, an import but when he saw it he mentioned he wanted one just like it so I made a deal on it. We have 5 boys, 19 - 9  some good some bad but all working out!!

Wow! 5 boys that Awesome! and your Nicks in college at 16, congrats to you!
Thanks!
Pat

1970Moparmann

My oldest, only 7 now, wants a Jeep.  I told him to start saving up.......... :popcrn:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!