News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My '93 Dodge Dakota Thread (UPDATE 3/12/09)

Started by TruckDriver, February 27, 2009, 07:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Whelp, Since I can't seem to find a Charger to fix up right now, I've decided to start restoring my Dakota. Some of you will probably think I'm wasting space posting about my truck. But all I have to say is :moon: This is my pride and joy, just as your Charger is to you. Once the truck I done, I'll look for another Mopar to fix up. I also know that some of you other guys like the trucks just as much. So, here goes.

My '93 Dakota 4x4 with a 318 (factory 230hp), automatic with sure-grip rear end, that I bought off a forum member about 3-1/2 years ago . It has the LE package and is fully loaded. Everything still works including the air (which will freeze you out). It now has 238,000 miles, no engine leaks, and only shows a little valve guide smoke when started. The tranny leaks I think from the front seal, but not to bad.

It had a bent front bumper and driver side fender when I bought it. I have the replacement bumper already, still need front fenders (passenger side has rust in it). March 11th, I'm getting the rear & side windows tinted to match the '96 quarter windows I put on the truck (dark tint instead of a factory chromeish look). I am going to eventually (by years end I hope) install a 2" inch body lift. Once that is done, I'll put 15x8 wheels and larger tires on the truck. Also I'm going to get a chrome brush gaurd and maybe a chrome roll bar too.

This past Tuesday (2/24/09), I bought $730. in new 30x9.5x15 B.F. Goodrich All-Terrain tires (which are bigger then factory tires).

Today (2/27/09), I just stuck another $750. into my Dakota. New serpentine belt and tension pulley, new idler arm, left front half-shaft, front end alignment, full and total lube job, and drive train inspection which now comes out as excellent.  :ricky:

I didn't plan on the tension pulley, but yesterday it started eating the little b.b.'s inside the bearing after all the miles on it. I made it til about 10 blocks from the shop I use, and it seized and tossed the belt off. so, I still was able to drive to the shop. But that was close :o

Next, a new timing chain, water pump, new radiator, fan clutch. :icon_smile_big:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mauve66

ya know they make Procharger setup for that truck................................. :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

TUFCAT

There's nothing wrong with posting a picture of your truck....it looks cool to me  :icon_smile_cool: and I'd be proud to own it.  :2thumbs:  That's a great color combo, and I always liked that 2nd generation LE body style with the dual red stripes. :cheers: 

A383Wing

Hey...I got a '94 Sport, pic below....I also belong to www.dakota-durango.com, pop on over, sign up, and join in on the fun over there also.

Silver R/T

not many trucks that year left in great shape like yours.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TruckDriver

Thanks guys. It does have some rust in the common spots. The front fenders are the worst. The cab is solid top and bottom except for one spot on my roof that started as a scratch, and now is bubbled up. I gotta attend to that once the weather warms up. The box isn't bad either. Just a little under the wheel flares which is common.

Quote from: A383Wing on February 27, 2009, 09:45:40 PM
Hey...I got a '94 Sport, pic below....I also belong to www.dakota-durango.com, pop on over, sign up, and join in on the fun over there also.

I'll check it out tomarrow. I joined DakotaUSA when I bought the truck, but not to many there really seems to know anything major about the second gen Dakota's. I can post a question, and most of the time, no one even answers. If they do, they tell me stuff for the third gens which doesn't help me much ::)
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

Quote from: A383Wing on February 27, 2009, 09:45:40 PM

I joined up today :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:
PETE

WingCharger

That is a really sharp truck man! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

In my opinion, Dakota's don't looks good lifted. :-\ Just my :Twocents:.

Your plan does sound pretty cool. :yesnod: :yesnod:

694spdRT

Nice Dakota!  :2thumbs:

Reminds me of back in college(1995) when my best friend talked for over a year that the first thing he was going to do when he graduated was buy a 4 x 4 Dakota club cab with a V8. He was true to his word and less than a week after graduation he bought one.   

Years ago I drove a '89 Dakota Sport 4 x 4 with a 5 speed and except for the underpowered 3.9 V6 I loved it.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

TruckDriver

I finally got my windows tinted yesterday! :boogie: :punkrocka:

I been wanting to do this since I bought the truck 3 years ago. 

And, I know, my truck is bad dirty. I'll wash it tomorrow. I didn't think my camera phone would pick up the dirt that bad :P

End of the month, I'll put my CB antennas back on.
PETE

rusty lee

very nice truck.    :2thumbs:    I had a 93 3.9 4x4  for 10 years. only got rid off it  cause no room for baby in a standard cab