News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would you trust Autozone or O'Reillys?

Started by 73TXRallye440, February 22, 2009, 10:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

woo hoo!! i love this thread.  i have worked for O'Reilly's on and off since 2002.  I am just now going to make a career out of it.  I love the parts business.  I did work for autozone in the past and the people that work there dont know what a catalog is.  If it's not on the computer, they can't look it up.

O'Reilly's offers lowest price guaranteed based on apples to apples parts.  Here is just one inkling of the parts we get at O'Reilly's compared to other parts stores (and check it out for a test if you want).  Ask for a pair of drum brake shoes for your car and compare the shoes to see if one shoe has more pad material than the other.  OEM brake shoes, the front shoe (which does most of the braking) will have more pad material than the rear shoe.  Autozone sells shoes that are symmetrical in every regard.  O'Reilly's has the shoes that are OE specific.  You want it right, you want it priced right, you go to O'Reilly's.  O'Reilly's just bought out a much of CKQ stores in the Montana region and we offer nationwide battery warranties (even if an O'Reilly's is not in that state!).

I know this is sounding like an infomercial, but I am telling you, we can get the parts that the others only wish they knew about.  NAPA is good, but expensive.  O'Reilly's is better, but with cheaper prices.  The NAPA Gold filter that you may buy is nothing but a WIX filter that we sell, but with $2 or more tacked onto the price.
We offer at minimum 4 different brands/quality levels of brake pads/shoes, 2 to 3 different levels of alternators/starters, and if you are a farmer/industrial guy, we can get those hard to find parts for your tractor/semi-trailer/dumptruck/skidloader/combine.

Give us a chance... we will not let you down.  Customer Service is our number one priority.  If you come in mad.. I will do everything in my power to ensure you leave feeling we did right by you.

Jamey
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

chargerkid01

I'm begining to think I'd rather shop oreillys but where are they located in the state of Ohio???

NHCharger

No O'Reilly's up here (yet). I'm having some bad luck with AutoZone lately. My new master cylinder for my 72 Charger is leaking after 8k miles. I put an autozone starter in my chevy van in August 08, never sounded right. Had to replace it with a NAPA starter last week.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

KillerBee1972

Quote from: jaak on February 22, 2009, 11:53:51 PM
AutoZone sells Autometer and Sunpro Gauges around here

Jason

:iagree: i bought a sunpro tach for my car looks good and works great!!
1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

Foreman72

Quote from: RD on February 23, 2009, 05:34:27 PM
woo hoo!! i love this thread.  i have worked for O'Reilly's on and off since 2002.  I am just now going to make a career out of it.  I love the parts business.  I did work for autozone in the past and the people that work there dont know what a catalog is.  If it's not on the computer, they can't look it up.

O'Reilly's offers lowest price guaranteed based on apples to apples parts.  Here is just one inkling of the parts we get at O'Reilly's compared to other parts stores (and check it out for a test if you want).  Ask for a pair of drum brake shoes for your car and compare the shoes to see if one shoe has more pad material than the other.  OEM brake shoes, the front shoe (which does most of the braking) will have more pad material than the rear shoe.  Autozone sells shoes that are symmetrical in every regard.  O'Reilly's has the shoes that are OE specific.  You want it right, you want it priced right, you go to O'Reilly's.  O'Reilly's just bought out a much of CKQ stores in the Montana region and we offer nationwide battery warranties (even if an O'Reilly's is not in that state!).

I know this is sounding like an infomercial, but I am telling you, we can get the parts that the others only wish they knew about.  NAPA is good, but expensive.  O'Reilly's is better, but with cheaper prices.  The NAPA Gold filter that you may buy is nothing but a WIX filter that we sell, but with $2 or more tacked onto the price.
We offer at minimum 4 different brands/quality levels of brake pads/shoes, 2 to 3 different levels of alternators/starters, and if you are a farmer/industrial guy, we can get those hard to find parts for your tractor/semi-trailer/dumptruck/skidloader/combine.

Give us a chance... we will not let you down.  Customer Service is our number one priority.  If you come in mad.. I will do everything in my power to ensure you leave feeling we did right by you.

Jamey

:lol:

nice plug brother.... :2thumbs:

wish we had them up in NH
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

jaak

I use AutoZone and O'riellys alot. Local O'riellys carries DuPont paint, thats where I get most my paint/body supplies.
The local AutoZone I use has a really good staff that works at that location, they know alot about cars, unlike some other AZs Ive been to that have clueless folks working there.

Jason

400/6/PAC

O'Reilly for Me.
I think Autozone should be called Twilightzone. :Twocents:
You never know what Your gonna get.

The70RT

I just got a belt for my truck at Orielys. It was almost 50 bucks and then they gave me my school district discount and it took off over 15 bucks  ;D I have had my dealings with them though, but it is all in the person not the company. I bought a lifetime radiator and lost my reciept....and they lost the info on the computer so I didn't get another one. I once bought a AC clutch and I didn't get the shims with it and the asshole there wouldn't give me any or even take it back. I ended up going to another Orielys and buying another then taking the shims out and returning it there  ::). I know the manager but he was gone that day. I went back the next day and he jumped his shit about it. The last two times I called on an obsolite part they said that they would call me back and they never did. We have 4 stores in out town. They need more people like RD though.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: RD on February 23, 2009, 05:34:27 PM

Jamey
I used to work for oreillys 20 years ago . I started as a driver and then worked the counter. They were small potato's back then .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

FLG

RD thats one thing ive noticed. People dont seem to understand everything isn't in the computer. I go to autozone, pepboys, or strauss for small things. But otherwise i go to my local parts dealer here, great guys and if something isnt in the computer they find it in no time in the book.

Seems that the generation of today was brought up on the pc, if it not in there they dont have it. While the local parts store was raised up on books THEN computers.

Also the people at strauss or pepboys...ect seem to be "slow" when it comes to car parts. Some know what things are, some have no idea about anything.

bk72

in northeast pa we have autozone, ck auto parts, Advance auto and napa. we use auto zone a lot because it is a block away but they do mess up a lot. ck auto always gives us the wrong part and then they give you a problem and say they are right. but napa seems to be really good and if they are wrong (does not happen a lot) they will get the right one even if they have to stay late.

ACUDANUT

RD

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 24, 2009, 09:42:23 PM
RD, what happened with the VA ??

you dont wanna know LOL... on a good note, I will be doing my manager training in Olathe/Overland Park.  So you will all be a tad closer to me then where I am at currently!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

moparstuart

Quote from: RD on February 24, 2009, 11:36:54 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 24, 2009, 09:42:23 PM
RD, what happened with the VA ??

you dont wanna know LOL... on a good note, I will be doing my manager training in Olathe/Overland Park.  So you will all be a tad closer to me then where I am at currently!
let me know when your in op or olathe i'll come see ya
I shop at the 132nd ? and  black bob store all the time
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mean 318

we have a mom and pop place here called Lyons auto, but as far as chains go car quest 1, oreillys 2, advance blows big chunks!

resq302

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 23, 2009, 04:17:57 PM
I miss the small, independently owned, auto parts stores.  ::)

There was one near where I lived in NJ that was great. The owner was behind the counter, & he had a machine shop in the back. His wife delivered the parts to the repair shops. Anytime I went there, I never got the wrong part for my car. Some places will give you the wrong crap 2 or 3 times. The guy was a real gear head & would stop working to talk about cars with me all the time. I had to make sure when I went there I wasn't in a rush or he'd talk my ear off & I'd be late.  :lol:

One day a large auto parts chain offered him a ton of money for his shop & he was gone. Of course the big chain store never opened a shop there, they only wanted to buy up the competition.  ::)

That wouldn't have been REN Auto parts in Denville, NJ would it?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Old Moparz

Quote from: resq302 on February 25, 2009, 09:37:53 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on February 23, 2009, 04:17:57 PM
I miss the small, independently owned, auto parts stores.  ::)

There was one near where I lived in NJ that was great. The owner was behind the counter, & he had a machine shop in the back. His wife delivered the parts to the repair shops. Anytime I went there, I never got the wrong part for my car. Some places will give you the wrong crap 2 or 3 times. The guy was a real gear head & would stop working to talk about cars with me all the time. I had to make sure when I went there I wasn't in a rush or he'd talk my ear off & I'd be late.  :lol:

One day a large auto parts chain offered him a ton of money for his shop & he was gone. Of course the big chain store never opened a shop there, they only wanted to buy up the competition.  ::)

That wouldn't have been REN Auto parts in Denville, NJ would it?

Nope, I lived in New Milford (Bergen County) & the store was in the next town, River Edge. If I recall, the name was just "Discount Auto Parts" & the guy's name was Al.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus