News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not another cheesy car movie thread?

Started by Ghoste, February 25, 2009, 12:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Not not really, I just have one question about one movie.  Does anybody know about a low budget flick with Warren Oates called "Dixie Dynamite"?  If you are, I just want to know if one of the cars used heavily in it is a yellow 71 Road Runner?

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

Hmmm, you're right that one looks to be a dirt bike flick.

Ghoste

Okay it looks like maybe the one I was thinking about was an equal bit of cinematic history called "Moonshine County Express".  Same basic plot, different "actors".

Mike DC

Was that the one with John Saxon & three moonshining chicks? 

Yeah, there was a B-body Mopar in there, maybe a 1969 Plymouth?  It was green and the lower quarter was visibly rusted out in one shot.  There was also a Challenger race car & a '69-70 Mustang if I recall.  It was kind of "Dukes"-ish.

Funny thing, I think it was filmed in Arizona somewhere.  It didn't make a particularly convincing substitute for Appalachia, but it looked closer than I would have thought any place in Arizona could possibly look.   

Ghoste

Yes thats it, although my faded memory had the year and color wrong.  Thanks Mike.

mauve66

trans am on the dvd cover, in the trailer a challenger, 70 sat/RR, yellow mustang, on 40 sec advertisement though so who knows.................

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=moonshine+county+express+video&aq=f
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

A yellow Mustang, now how did my little tiny brain recall that as being a 71 Road Runner?  Thanks Budweiser, thanks a lot.  :eek2:

(thanks for the link too Robert)