News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A-833 Lock Ring Pliers--Which to buy?

Started by Chatt69chgr, February 09, 2009, 10:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

I am rebuilding my A833.  Had trouble getting the lock rings off the main shaft.  Destroyed one.  It appears that you need a particular type of plier to remove these.  The tips of the pliers need to be flat.  Does anyone know who makes the best pliers to get these types of lock rings off without destroying them.  Brewer's Performance provide new lock rings in their rebuild kit.  I'd like to install them using the correct tool.

I found two Armstrong tools that I thought might do the job available from SJ Discount Tools:
Armstrong # 67-565 and Armstrong #67-555.  The first is the compound jaw type and the second is the std. design per their description.

Who has crossed this bridge and what did you use?

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

tecmopar

They sell the correct retaining ring pliers at Sears and NAPA, the tips look like those in the pic, non-removeable tips and serated for a better grip.