News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Leaf Springs

Started by Shakey, November 14, 2005, 09:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

I am in need of a set of leaf springs for my '69 R/T.

These springs are different form LT to RT, correct?  I can never remember the leaf count from LT to RT.

Where would you buy a set from?

I am aware that Chrysler sells them.  I have also heard of a place in PA called ESPO (heard good stuff) and I know where to get a used set.

I don't want to sound pompus but I am not necessarily looking for a deal but I don't need a Roger Gibson set either.

I am concerned about getting a set that makes the car sit too high / low.

In the photo below, do you think this car sits too high in the ass end?

Keep in mind:

No interior installed.
Larger tires on rear.
Driveway on a slight angle downwards.

Thanks in advance.

ScottW

I am in the same position with my 71. I'll probably get the Espo springs through Spring's and Thing's and I'll go with stock height.

In my opinion it is just a tad too high in the rear - just a tad.  ;D
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

Just 6T9 CHGR

I used ESPO's stock Hemi suspension bias springs.
Nice and level with a bit of rake
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ChargerBill

Shakey, I personally think your car looks GREAT the way it sits. I like a Charger with attitude...and rake equals attitude IMO.
Life is a highway...

firefighter3931

Quote from: ChargerBill on November 15, 2005, 12:35:42 PM
Shakey, I personally think your car looks GREAT the way it sits. I like a Charger with attitude...and rake equals attitude IMO.

:iagree: Nothing wrong with the way that car sits. You allways have the option of raising the front end slightly to reduce the rake. What size tires are you going with Mike ? Are those the ones that will be staying on the car ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Smoke20

Ditto.
Kevin
It's MoPar or No Car!  :drive:

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer
01 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L Magnum V6 36K
05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red, Loaded

Chryco Psycho

Eaton spring in Detriot also has a decent spring available , I have heard both good & bad of ESPO , & the Mopar [Mexican] springs definatly sag Fast

Shakey

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 16, 2005, 02:03:58 AM
Eaton spring in Detriot also has a decent spring available , I have heard both good & bad of ESPO , & the Mopar [Mexican] springs definatly sag Fast

What is it that you have heard about ESPO?  Was there more good than bad?  Are you saying that you would use the Eaton spring if you were in the market for a pair?

Ghoste

I bought a set of the Eaton ones for my car in September.  It's too early to give an honest report but so far, they fit, function and appear like they are supposed to.  I'm happy with them.

Chryco Psycho

1 person I knew had height problems with the ESPO 7 the people at ESPO told him he must have installed them wrong , then they were sent back to be rearced & came up at virtually the same height anyway ,
I have heard more good than bad & if I had no budget considerations & would buy Eaton

Shakey

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 15, 2005, 04:01:51 PM

:iagree: Nothing wrong with the way that car sits. You allways have the option of raising the front end slightly to reduce the rake. What size tires are you going with Mike ? Are those the ones that will be staying on the car ?

Ron

The front tires that are on there now are G70 - 15 and the rear are L60 - 15.  These are on there for now but are as old as the car.  They are in surprisingly good shape but I would not travel too far from home on them.  I would like to go with a tire combo of:

Front - 255 60 15
Rear - 275 60 15

Shakey

If anyone is wondering - a pair of springs from Eaton will run $399.00 USD.

ScottW

Quote from: Shakey on November 21, 2005, 03:45:00 PM
If anyone is wondering - a pair of springs from Eaton will run $399.00 USD.

I was definetly wondering - Thanks.

Espo's are advertised at $130/pr (5-leaf), $160/pr (6-leaf) & $170/pr (6lt/7rt).  :-\

1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

BigBlockSam

QuoteShakey, I personally think your car looks GREAT the way it sits. I like a Charger with attitude...and rake equals attitude IMO
:iagree:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

haueter66

I just ordered a pair from eaton detroit.  $399 plus $44.50 to ship

I will let everyone know what I think when I get them on!

Ghoste

:thumbs: I'm happy with them on my car.  I think you'll like them.

Rolling_Thunder

i think it sits a little too high in the rear
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Steve P.

I think, screw it, let's go cruisin'................. :devil: :icon_smile_big:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida