News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bogus cars, clones, and outright fraud??

Started by Ghoste, January 30, 2009, 09:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is acceptable

Restamped drivelines
Rebodied vins
Original funky paint
Dealer add ons

68beepbeep

In the case of a re body, If you had a rare car and you needed a left front fender, you would look for a good used or NOS part.  If you had a rare car with Lot's of options and in a cool color and the unibody was shot, then you should be able to replace it.  I don't think it is legal though?  But I do agree with this practice as long as, when you sell it, they know it.  It's the one way a rare car can live on for future generations. Let's face it, most of the good cars were used up years ago!

Changing a color is customizing, so be prepard to get grief on that and suffer a loss when you sell it.

Re stamping a block is like lieing, just try to get a date coded correct block and make it look correct.

Changing a fender tag, I totally don't agree with. Adding options to a car is O.K. because they can come off if desired.