News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looked at a Charger for sale today

Started by jaak, October 13, 2008, 02:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger74SE

If that's the only bad rust spot on the entire car then I would buy it and put a V8 motor in it.

2012 Charger SE
1974 Charger SE
USAF and A&P mechanic retired.

rt green

i wouldnt think you could loose on that deal. put in a 440 and use the six to power your garage
third string oil changer

elanmars

1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

bull

Uh-oh, I feel the flipper in me coming out... Buy it for $1900 and drive it for a while and have your fun. Then take the wheels off, sell them for $300-$400 to some guy building a GL, put some cheapie wheels on it and resell the car on Ebay for $2,400. :icon_smile_cool: You could make almost $1,000 on the deal.

69*F5*SE

jaak

Quote from: elanmars on October 17, 2008, 07:55:59 PM
so what was the outcome? curious.

Well, the way I work, I haven't got a chance to go back out there again, but I have about talk myself out of buying it. I need to get my 69 done. I may check on it in another week or so, to see if its still around.

Jason

PocketThunder

Quote from: jaak on October 18, 2008, 05:59:51 PM

Well, the way I work, I haven't got a chance to go back out there again, but I have about talk myself out of buying it. I need to get my 69 done. I may check on it in another week or so, to see if its still around.

Jason

I cant believe i'm saying this but, good plan.   :yesnod:  Stick to one car and one money pit only.  I did the multiple car thing recently and all you have is two projects that want money from the same empty wallet.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 20, 2008, 11:51:42 AM
Quote from: jaak on October 18, 2008, 05:59:51 PM

Jason

I cant believe i'm saying this but, good plan.   :yesnod:  Stick to one car and one money pit only.  I did the multiple car thing recently and all you have is two projects that want money from the same empty wallet.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:   i'm there now
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

Yep most of us been there done that. I semi restored two before I started the Charger. Had to sell one to start the Charger. After the Charger I have a couple more, but I don't know about a rotissirie resto since I gotta get this one done before I die. I seen people who horded a lot of cars and had a hella colection then passed on and never hardly got to enjoy them. Yeah get the 69 done.  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SeattleCharger

If it was around here I'd buy it, slant six with auto, that's cool enough these days,  good deal,  paint it red at maaco, some smaller front tires,   :2thumbs:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

elanmars

if it's still there and you got a #, I'm interested. I'm curious about the overall condition, what it needs besides some tlc, etc, price is killer.

elanmars

jaak

I decided to pass on it, I rode by there the other day, just to see if it was still there, but its gone now.

Jason

FLG GF