News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Exhaust Question

Started by HardCharger82, January 05, 2009, 05:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HardCharger82

Hey...

I had a question about what the best headers and exhaust would be good for my car. I am looking at Hooker Headers and a Flowmaster American Thunder 3 inch exhaust but I wanted to see if someone had a better exhaust system than that. I only use the car as a cruiser and want the best sound I can get out of a stock 440-4.

Thanks
Mopar or no car.

vancamp

if its a stock 440 its probaly overkill going with a 3" exhaust, will hurt torque somewhat. headers are another story everyone will have their favorites or recomendations.

CB

welcome to the board!
what's the story on your Charger?

Also check out the 'exhaust' place to read more about exhaust types and info.

DodgeCharger.com Forum > Mopar Garage > Engine, Transmission, Rearend, & Exhaust

CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

aone415

If you want great quality headers for your 440 I suggest a set of TTi's, which are far superior to the Hookers... just my  :Twocents:

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

HardCharger82

Thanks for the advice on the headers... The story on my car is it spent its whole life in Ohio I am the 3rd owner of the car. The guy that had it before me made it an R/T clone but its a factory 70 Charger 500 318. But they did pull the 440 in it out of a 70 Roadrunner. It was originally white with a black vinyl top. Factory console and original interior. I dont know if Sublime green was an option in 1970 but the car sure does turn heads. I get a thumbs up every where I go in it. I had 2 72 Chargers before my 70 but I never could afford a 70 in good shape. I found this one for an awsome price though and would have been an idiot for letting it slip through my hands. I just want an eardrum breaking exhaust on it and I'm good to go. My driver is a new SRT-8 Charger so this one is my weekend cruiser.
Mopar or no car.

kingjoop

i have hooker super comp. now.. had lot's of trouble installing them.. and it keeps burning my 1st cylinder msd wire-end/thing on sprarkplug (dont know enlisch word  :scratchchin::RantExplode:

i would got for the tti..
1968 Dodge Charger R/T (8barrel 500Ci)
Only milk comes in 2 liters

My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber.

Hot Chicks and much more Horsepower: www.performancegirls.com

terrible one

I have heard that the Hedmans will fit fine on a 440 with P/S and column shift, so that's what I got for my 383. I'm going dual 2.5" though with Dynomax Super Turbos

firefighter3931

Not a fan of Flowmaster mufflers....too much obnoxious noise.  :no:

Dynomax UltraFlows are a much better sounding and performing muffler. TTI exhaust and headers are top shelf in both fit and quality....nothing else is even close.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

aone415

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 05, 2009, 08:59:51 PM

Dynomax UltraFlows are a much better sounding and performing muffler. TTI exhaust and headers are top shelf in both fit and quality....nothing else is even close.  ;)

Ron

Totally agree Ron,

Here are our TTI's under our 68 with a 440

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

firefighter3931

Quote from: aone415 on January 05, 2009, 09:37:43 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 05, 2009, 08:59:51 PM

Ron

Totally agree Ron,

Here are our TTI's under our 68 with a 440

Now that pic is worth a thousand words !  :drool5:

You guys are doing an awesome job on that car !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Steve P.

I'm with Ron once again. And yes, that pic. is great. Even plenty of room around the tranny pan.. Very nice.....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

71charger_fan

Schumacher headers hooked to a 2.5" Pypes exhaust is how I went on my '71.

flyinlow

I put 3 inch  duals with magnaflows,H pipe, and bullit mufflers used as resonators.on my 73.  Sounds good. Would use 2.5 inch with xpipe next time. 3 inch is a tight fit over axle.

Used Hooker comps and beat them into submition. Carry spare sparkplug wires with me. Saving penneys for TTI's.