News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 Charger

Started by ChargerSG, January 14, 2009, 12:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerSG

Have been thinking about buying a 72 Charger(as a year around Charger, had a 70 Coronet for that before), been looking at this 72 Charger and since its a driver(the owner use it as daily driver) and some work been done to it. Has a 318 with ac(not working all there), auto on coloum. New alternator, water pump, valve cover gaskets, ball joints replaced. The interior is in god shape. Both bumbers are rusted(probeably paint them insted if i buy it)  and the front valance dont look right.

The guy wants $7000 for it but i said no thanks, he said give me an offer, so since im not into 72 what this Charger worth?
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

mikepmcs

Just looking at it and if it isn't some special rare edition, i'd be thinking maybe $3000 tops as it sits in these pictures.  Maybe some more pics with some interior shots??
What's going on with that driver side door/fender alignment? Actually looks like the door is out of align but the top appears to match the qtr.  Maybe just a bad angle but looks awful wide down bottom and then narrow at the door/qtr.  Not a showstopper just wondering what was done there.

:Twocents:

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

FLG

That car looks like it got a quick coat of paint thrown on it and could be hiding quite a bit.

ramit

I agree probably about $3,000.   After seeing how rusty that front bumper is I would guess that the paint job is hiding some nasty stuff!

ChargerSG

I did bid him $2700 for it before posting it here, but he turned that down fast and said $5000 and i said goodbye.

TruckDriver

That guy is dreaming for what he is asking. Looks to me he through on a $500 Macco (I'm not knocking Macco) paint job kinda like HALPG does, and now is looking for a sucker to come along. I personally feel $3,000 would be on the high end only if the frame is still solid (as in very solid). It is a base model Charger Topper with a nice dash pad, a small block and has Rallye tail lights. If the bottom of the car is as rusty as the bumpers, I'd say maybe $ 2,000 - $2,500 tops if it runs. I agree, I'm willing to bet there is bondo in it mainly in the quarters.

Just for thought, I was offered a '71 in which other then the year, it is the same car with little rust, and I was told $1,200 or best offer.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ChargerSG

He is really dreaming for sure. The paintjob looks like s... for sure. Like i said this was ment for me like a year around driver(playing in the snow). The guy clamied he drive it to work everyday. The vin is wl21g2a187194 if someone know anything about it.

TruckDriver

I ran the vin, and it is what you saw. a 318 car. If the bottom side is in good shape, I'd have to say it could be restored nicer. But it's up to you. Coat the underside with truck bed liner, it will last a long time if you keep it clean.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69charger2002

i was also thinking 3000-3500 first glance at the pics. no way i'd pay 5-7k for it. just my .02
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

AKcharger

$2000 tops for me...I see a LOT of work and money to get that thing into any respectable shape.

RallyeMike

You'll never get him from $7k to what it's worth, so I'd just move on.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

hemi-hampton

Nacho-RT74

$3K tops... is a VERY BASIC WL21 on VIN, non rolling down quarter windows. I can tell it because there is not woodgrain inserts anywhere.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

ChargerSG

He said 5k so i have allready got him from 7k ;) Now its more look at something other insted of bidding him 3k, but i have told him get good pictures of under the Charger and som close ups.

Charger74

What gets me is the rust on the shifter, that would scare me as to what the underside and the actual body are like.

ChargerSG

Yeah that not look good at all, have asked him about undercarrige pics but he havent sent it.
Looked at this 71 Rt clone  with 383 insted for $7500, but it to looked to good to be true pretty banged up on the passangerside and rust eaten the dutchmanpanel totally...dont even want to think about under the vinyltop.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Charger74 on January 15, 2009, 09:28:14 AM
What gets me is the rust on the shifter, that would scare me as to what the underside and the actual body are like.

I think thats just because the Sun and some humidity, nothing more. Probably weatherstripes are/were some worn and some humidity helped... Dash pad is craked... It does have already a Dash cap.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

viper r/t

Quote from: ChargerSG on January 15, 2009, 10:03:55 AM
Yeah that not look good at all, have asked him about undercarrige pics but he havent sent it.
Looked at this 71 Rt clone  with 383 insted for $7500, but it to looked to good to be true pretty banged up on the passangerside and rust eaten the dutchmanpanel totally...dont even want to think about under the vinyltop.

Man, I just sold this 1 for 5k minus my cragars

BigRed66

Seven grand? I'm thinking maybe a little bit too much Pineapple Express... :coocoo:
"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

ChargerSG

Sure the 71 is a Se with numbermatching(he claims) 383 Magnum ready steady go, but that hit on the passangerside(looks like been there for awaile), rust and Green interior brings it down... Sure he has a partcar to cut out metal from but the work.

Viper R/T your did look better for sure :yesnod:

71 Bee Man

Quote from: ChargerSG on January 14, 2009, 12:44:55 PM
Have been thinking about buying a 72 Charger(as a year around Charger, had a 70 Coronet for that before), been looking at this 72 Charger and since its a driver(the owner use it as daily driver) and some work been done to it. Has a 318 with ac(not working all there), auto on coloum. New alternator, water pump, valve cover gaskets, ball joints replaced. The interior is in god shape. Both bumbers are rusted(probeably paint them insted if i buy it)  and the front valance dont look right.

The guy wants $7000 for it but i said no thanks, he said give me an offer, so since im not into 72 what this Charger worth?

How much are you hoping to spend if you find a 72 Charger - what's your budget ?

Personally - and I'm saying this from the point of view of a person who looked for a year for the right car - I would walk away from it - even as a driver. Looks like it's had a very hard life and probably the best thing on it are the tail lights. There's cars out there - you just have to be patient.

Peter
Sydney, Australia.
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html