News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger parts

Started by moparnole, January 30, 2009, 07:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Quote from: moparnole on February 01, 2009, 01:52:55 PM
What would you recommend as far as suspension goes?
Do you want a daily driver or a race car? The factory suspension works well with only a few tweaks. Look around the site for NYCMille's car (Mr Angry). It was in the Bull Run TV show and there are also multiple videos of it on various tracks. When most of those videos were shot it was running a mostly stock suspension with better sway bars and shocks. For upgraded/beefier components look to Firm Feel (links posted earlier). I think a complete setup will run right around $2,500 with a faster steering box. If you want to go all out check the XV Motorsports link posted previously but, again, you better have $$$. With any stiffer suspension you'll want to reinforce the unibody of the car. Check the tech section for examples. Don't forget brakes - there's a whole range depending on what you want the car to be capable of.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparnole

Thanks for the input, I wonder if anybody ever has forgotten about the brakes.......

Troy

Quote from: moparnole on February 01, 2009, 02:10:37 PM
Thanks for the input, I wonder if anybody ever has forgotten about the brakes.......
More than you can imagine. Base model cars had 10" drum brakes but even the R/Ts only had 11" drums. These cars with a big block are nearly 4,000 pounds and modern cars (the traffic around and in front of you) can stop a whole lot faster. It's easy to focus on an engine swap for more power (and to go faster) and brakes/suspension are, unfortunately, an afterthought. There's a very good Mopar Action (magazine) article on swapping to later model disc brakes. It's cheap insurance.
http://www.moparaction.com/tech/archive/disc-main.html

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparnole

Thanks, that was a good read.

moparnole

Where would you guys recommend I get parts for suspension wise, Mancini, or XV?

WingCharger

Quote from: moparnole on February 02, 2009, 05:24:25 PM
Where would you guys recommend I get parts for suspension wise, Mancini, or XV?
Mancini makes a lot of resto parts. XV like Troy said, is for deeper pockets and for more Pro-Touring style builds.

Finn

Hmm. If you could pick it up for cheap and keep the supra I think that would be a better option than an out ride trade.  :Twocents: :popcrn:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

moparnole

Well, right now I have not started my job yet, so paying for the charger would be a little much right now.

moparnole

What about floorpans, where would be the cheapest place to pick that up?

500hp_440

Quote from: moparnole on February 03, 2009, 06:05:44 PM
What about floorpans, where would be the cheapest place to pick that up?
Cut down the old "road work ahead" signs that they never take to the next job and pound them to shape,:D or is that just a "Jeep Thang"?
Let it alone^.

moparnole

..COuld just be a Jeep deal......(always wondered why older Jeeps always had orange bottoms....)

moparnole

moparnole

moparnole

WingCharger

You have a nice Charger man.  :cheers: :cheers:
Wish I had one. :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Finn

So did you get it then?
Also, do you have any shots of the frame rails?
:popcrn:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

moparnole

No, I have nt gotten it yet, and those pics of the frail and fender tag I said were coming, I havent recieved those yet either.I am trying to find one a little bit closer to home and in better condition, but this one is still there.