News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Could use a little support...

Started by dkn1997, November 01, 2008, 03:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

moving right along.  ordered all of the sheetmetal, grill moldings (thanks to jason from gunslinger and to ron for turning me on to him when I was looking for a 68 grill)

I also purchased a set of good used hood hinges from a site member.

The repairs will start soon and i will post plenty of pics.  i may start a whole other thread for the rebuild.  I am also about 3/4 done with restoring and repairing my grill.  I have all of the plastic work done (it was pretty bad, lots of missing fins, broken pieces everywhere)  I now need to blast the metal frame and any usable hardware and then paint/reassemble.  I have some pics and that will be another thread too.

RECHRGED

firefighter3931

Good news Kevin !  :2thumbs:

Looking forward to some progress pics. Did you find a radiator yet ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

dkn1997

A friend of mine works at a speed shop and the owner's father used to work for Evans cooling.  He has the info and he is going to order me a radiator and spal fans.  They have a similar setup in a box nova at thier shop. That's a legit 600 cubic inch, 700hp street car.  That car is running a 30" fluidyne rad with dual spal fans pulling over 3000 cfm.  I looked at it and it's a really nice rad. has big flanges so you can mount it nice.  Has provisions to mount s shroud or electric fans without running zip strips through the core
RECHRGED

model maker

WOW, I am worn out just reading about this. I am happy things worked out for you and how are things going now ? Is your car back to its former glory ? Do you have any pictures of the repaired charger ? I found this after a long time searching. It was extremley hard to find a grille replacement for chargers but I found this and wanted to pass this along to you just in case you were having problems fixing your grille. here you go,
http://stores.premierplasticreproductions.com/StoreFront.bok

Bert
aka Model Maker
MODEL MAKER

Ghoste

Actually Premier Plastic is a bad bad bad bad suggestion.  A quick search here and you'll quickly find out they aren't much more than common thieves.

model maker

oops, sorry i just found them today, i was just happy to see the grilles being available.
MODEL MAKER

Ghoste

Don't feel bad, there are a whole lot of us that wish the situation could be fixed. :brickwall:

dkn1997

Quote from: model maker on December 29, 2008, 01:35:20 AM
WOW, I am worn out just reading about this. I am happy things worked out for you and how are things going now ? Is your car back to its former glory ? Do you have any pictures of the repaired charger ? I found this after a long time searching. It was extremley hard to find a grille replacement for chargers but I found this and wanted to pass this along to you just in case you were having problems fixing your grille. here you go,
http://stores.premierplasticreproductions.com/StoreFront.bok

Bert
aka Model Maker

for the latest on the body shop rebuild:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,51642.0.html

and another thread on my grill fix (not restoration, it's not correct for the numbers crowd)

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,51951.0.html
RECHRGED

model maker

I am Glad things are working out for you ! But what a learning experience wouldn't you say ? I had a 68 that looked just like yours in 1974. If only i would have thought ahead to the future. I noticed 1 thing on my 69 when I had body work done to it to make it drivable after it was  in a "controlled"crashed for a movie the drivers door skin was replaced and the first thing i noticed was the lines in the door were flat and not crisp like the factory made doors. so always watch out for that if you ever have door work done. when I had the body work done to the front end the shop repainted the car the wrong shade of yellow instead of the citron yellow they matched the color inside the engine bay but it looked great. before i could have the racing stripe redone, my ex wife totalled it in San Francisco by letting her 13 year old sister get behind the wheel and she took the freeway on ramp and paniced and took out the guardrail and my then wife (EX) thought it was funny I divorced her &&S for many simular things soon after. But I lost my Charger which I took a loss on a 73 Mach 1 to get the money to buy the 69 from the motion picture motor poole. I have a few pictures of it and it breaks my heart knowing  i let it go too easily. Take care of yours which I know you do !
Bert
MODEL MAKER