News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ATV's....Honda TRX700XX

Started by GreenMachine, December 26, 2008, 08:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Just wondering if anyone has ridden the 700XX yet. I've noticed they are over $2,000 off MSRP. I've read up on them in the mags, but I don't know if they are biased or not. And the ATV forums seems to hate it, but they seem to be hardcore racers.
   I used to have a 400EX and loved it, lightweight and excellent acceleration. The downsides were no storage space, small gas tank, and low clearance for trails.
   Basically, I need a utility ATV but they are too heavy and sluggish for my taste, also, I don't want to spend $10,000 on a Jeep with handlebars. So I was thinking welding a rack to the back of the 700XX and I would have the best of both except for fuel capacity and 4WD (which I've never needed). But everything I have heard is that they are sluggish as well, but maybe have tunability options since it's EFI??
   Any feedback would be appreciated, I mainly want it geared toward riding in the mountains.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

GreenMachine

Well, I took the plunge and bought one. Got a real good price. I haven't ridden it much yet, but I will give a review after I have ridden it more. I rode a little at the dealer. It pulls hard, it was effortless to get the front wheels up off the ground. I didn't want to do any cornering on pavement, so I'll have to check that out later. The quality is excellent! It's like a work of art. They have a bracket available that holds an ice chest behind the seat for $140, so I think this is the best of both worlds (Sport vs Utility). I'll take it to Colorado this Summer and check out the performance in higher altitudes with the EFI.
   I think the guys putting it down are wanting an all out race ATV. But we'll see, so far I'm extremely happy with it.

500hp_440

i haven't but i wish i could afford one  :drool5:, whats there top speed? and keep me posted on how she rides and gongrats  :cheers:
Let it alone^.

71bigblock

I've ridden a bunch of 400ex's, good machines.  I've ridden the older 660 Raptor, that was insane.  Then three of my cousins got the 700 efi Raptors.  I drove one once, and I told him never to bring it back, I would surely kill myself, just too much fun.   :smilielol:

I'm a Honda guy, so I hope it would pull just as good as the raptor.  It looks good.  I wouldnt read any of the junk in the magazines, they always put down Honda.  Why, I dont know.  They're proven machines, and we've never had either of ours fail.  Our '92 300 has a gazillion miles on it, we live on a farm, and have beat that thing for 17 years.  Change the oil is the only thing we've done to it.   :yesnod:  We've got an '02 Rubicon, has close to 4000 miles on it, we work it hard, and hasnt skipped a beat, either. 

Should be a blast on the trail for sure! 
1971 Dodge Challenger 383/727 #'s matching                 (oo׀===׀׀===׀oo)
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5 spd manual                         (o)≡≡≡≡≡≡(o)
2007 Dodge Magnum SXT                                              Oo (-+-) oO

jb666

That is awesome looking!! I've been looking at ATV's for a couple of years now..

If you don't mind me asking, how much was that one?

:cheers: :cheers:

Charger_Fan

I hope that's not a full beer there, in danger of being bumped over... :errr:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

GreenMachine

Quote from: jb666 on January 08, 2009, 06:31:40 PM
That is awesome looking!! I've been looking at ATV's for a couple of years now..

Not at all, $5608 out the door. This is a new '08 in the crate, the '09's were  about a grand more and to my knowlege, the same thing. The MSRP was at about $8,000.

jb666

Quote from: GreenMachine on January 09, 2009, 08:43:35 PM
Quote from: jb666 on January 08, 2009, 06:31:40 PM

Not at all, $5608 out the door. This is a new '08 in the crate, the '09's were  about a grand more and to my knowlege, the same thing. The MSRP was at about $8,000.

Damn, that's great!! The thing must be an animal!!

GreenMachine

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 08, 2009, 06:46:14 PM
I hope that's not a full beer there, in danger of being bumped over... :errr:

Yes it was full minus one swig. No danger of spilling though, that was the point of the pic. A couple of years ago I was riding my 400 EX on a trail at a good rate of speed and caught a little air and came down on a rock sticking a few inches out of the ground. It pushed the brake rotor gaurd into the brake rotor and locked up the rear wheels. I almost went over the handlebars. I hadn't seen anybody the whole morning, luckily I came to a stop next to a Jeep on the side of the trail. Down the hill was a guy fishing with his 2 kids and luckily he had an extra large screwdriver to pry the gaurd off the rotor. If he hadn't been there I would've had to walk 15 miles to camp. Hopefully something like that won't happen on this one.

GreenMachine

Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 07, 2009, 09:44:55 PM
i haven't but i wish i could afford one  :drool5:, whats there top speed? and keep me posted on how she rides and gongrats  :cheers:

From what I've read the top speed is 78 MPH, but they don't have speedometers and I don't have a GPS so I'll probably never verify that.

500hp_440

Quote from: GreenMachine on January 09, 2009, 09:04:46 PM
Quote from: 500hp_440 on January 07, 2009, 09:44:55 PM

From what I've read the top speed is 78 MPH, but they don't have speedometers and I don't have a GPS so I'll probably never verify that.
sure you can just make freinds with a cop and have him radar you
Let it alone^.