News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mini starters

Started by 375instroke, February 09, 2010, 02:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

375instroke

Starter went out in the '98 Ram, 318 Magnum.  When the guy handed me the box, I thought it was empty.  It weighed as much as my cup of coffee.  Do these things have as much power as our '60s era starters?

Brock Samson

More.  :yesnod: Worth every penny! and no heat sink though i still suggest you wrap them with some flex heat shield, they will last longer too.
one of the most common problems I've had with my many Mopars were with the stock starters.

Back N Black

Yup, got one on my 440 and it turns it over no problem.

WHITE AND RED 69

any recomendations on which mini to get? Are 440source mini starters any good?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

bordin34

I got mine from DB electric.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

squeakfinder

I got mine from Summit for the 440. Had to grind on the block just a little to get it to fit. I think it spins the motor faster than the stock one did. No problems.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

375instroke

The old starter went out in my '64 273 GT Dart last year.  80,000 mile car, so it could have been the original.  I had a spare used big block starter lying around, which is 3/4" longer, so I thought I'd put it in.  What a pain in the ass.  Drop exhaust, remove brace, jack up motor.  If i know then what I know now, I would have used one of these minis instead.  I paid $140 at Napa for a reman. for the truck.  Are the ones from Summit and Jegs better?