News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who actually likes '70 chargers??

Started by Death1970Proof, March 03, 2008, 07:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

They made less 70's than 68-69's so you don't see as many at shows. Most of the time your the only one with a 70 :coolgleamA: Kinda like you got a T-bone and everyone has a porkchop  :icon_smile_big:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

472 R/T SE

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on December 02, 2008, 05:14:09 PM

I just dont go out of my way to bash 70 lovers is all

Spoken like a true gentleman.  :2thumbs:

Harlow

68 is by far my favorite year for the 2nd gens. Its a toss up between 69 and 70 for me.

Scatpack

Well my personal taste is 68-69 B bodies are by far the best and 70-71 E bodies. Everyone knows the Muscle Car era was over by 72 as compression ratios dropped and styling took a big hit as well in my opinion.
http://community.webshots.com/user/moooboy
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383Hp,# match
70 Dodge PU 383 Adventurer
02 F250 SuperCab LB 4X4 7.3, 6 speed manual
06 Dodge Magnum SXT
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3
Suzuki Vinson 500 4x4 ATV
Ford 1510 Diesel 4x4 Tractor
AQHA QuarterHorse,1HP,Very Fast

Dodge Don

Can't we all just get along

Dodge Don

bearbqd

Quote from: The70RT on December 02, 2008, 06:48:14 PM
They made less 70's than 68-69's so you don't see as many at shows. Most of the time your the only one with a 70 :coolgleamA: Kinda like you got a T-bone and everyone has a porkchop  :icon_smile_big:
That's what I was gonna say. I like them just fine, but you hardly ever see them. I buy and sell classics and put out a lot of feelers for finding muscle cars. We have come across dozens of 68's and 9's, but not one seventy yet.
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

magnum

Although I like my third Gens my favorite Charger is the 70. I see one every year at Good-Guys in DesMoines, T-5 with white vinyl top and interior. the best part is it has a Hemi and a set of Crags.
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

RD

my favorite (next to third gens) is the 70.. i think its because of the front bumper and its similarities to the 3rd gens... but oh well.. just my opinion
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Scatpack

http://community.webshots.com/user/moooboy
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383Hp,# match
70 Dodge PU 383 Adventurer
02 F250 SuperCab LB 4X4 7.3, 6 speed manual
06 Dodge Magnum SXT
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3
Suzuki Vinson 500 4x4 ATV
Ford 1510 Diesel 4x4 Tractor
AQHA QuarterHorse,1HP,Very Fast

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Beep Beep Dave

I like all the '68 to '70 Chargers, they are just soo cool when you stop and take the time to look over all the details of those cars.
To me its the first car since the big fin cars of the mid 1950's that Chrysler really got it right styling wise. The exterior was and still is stunning, but lets not forget about the interiors and dash layouts. Just great all around cars that have easily past the test of time.
I have never understood how you could pick one model year above the others. I would judge the cars on a car by car basis.
Here's my '70 R/T:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Big Lebowski

70's were always my favorite. Back in the 8th grade (around 1979) I road my bike to school. Every day I peddled passed a '70 R/T Charger 440, 4 speed pistol grip, Dana, original everything, etc. This Charger was parked on the street for years, flat tires, extra dirty, you name it, etc.
      Anyway 2 years later I bought it for a $150. That's right a $150 bucks. A new fuel pump and it ran, a little blue smoke from some bad rings, but never the less, it did some awesome burnouts. Of course I burned out the clutch a week later. :D
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

PocketThunder

Quote from: Big Lebowski on December 03, 2008, 11:23:26 PM
  70's were always my favorite. Back in the 8th grade (around 1979) I road my bike to school. Every day I peddled passed a '70 R/T Charger 440, 4 speed pistol grip, Dana, original everything, etc. This Charger was parked on the street for years, flat tires, extra dirty, you name it, etc.
      Anyway 2 years later I bought it for a $150. That's right a $150 bucks. A new fuel pump and it ran, a little blue smoke from some bad rings, but never the less, it did some awesome burnouts. Of course I burned out the clutch a week later. :D

Still have it?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Mopar2Ya

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

BradD

Color Choices, High Back Seats, Painted Dual Sport Mirrors, Rap Around Bumper, Good Lookin Grille, Taillamp Panel, R/T Scoops, Interior Style, Pistol Grip, 15" Rallyes, Performance Hood Treatment! Whats not to love about them!
Brad

b5blue

Add me to the list too!!!(love them all but me and blue have been getting along pretty good for the last 13 years)

ACUDANUT

Not me. haha. That is why I still have my 70 Charger after 26 years. !!!  426 (wedge) 4-spd, posi, power windows, cruise and of course a 4.11 posi.

Big Lebowski

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 03, 2008, 11:58:19 PM
Quote from: Big Lebowski on December 03, 2008, 11:23:26 PM

Still have it?

Nope, but this may sound strange. I kept the Dana, another friend got the engine, and the 3rd friend got the rest. It turns out he was the smart one, he got the Dana back from me & bought the original engine back. My 3rd buddy still has the Charger, but it hasn't seen sunlight since around '91 & and he's not selling, ever, he wants to take it with him. :popcrn:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."