News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engine mount... soild mount or hard rubber mount ???

Started by bricklayer, November 02, 2008, 08:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bricklayer

need your opinon witch is the best soild or the hard rubber ones thanks Tom

firefighter3931

Quote from: bricklayer on November 02, 2008, 08:28:43 PM
need your opinon witch is the best soild or the hard rubber ones thanks Tom

I prefer the rubber but i modify mine so that they won't seperate....best of both worlds.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bricklayer

Well i had the rubber mounts with the bolt throughthe center that i bought from local pepboys. but my mechanic missunderstood and put the soild mounts back in the car? But i remember with the soild mount it didn't seem to vibrate to much but that was with that factory coulper i have since puit flamingriver coulper in the car so that might change how much vib. i might feel through the car? the engine is in the car via the mounts only!!!! so should i take engine back out and install the rubber mounts or just live with it  Thanks  again  Tom 

62 Max

Ever wonder why the MFG put rubber mounts in everything? :scratchchin:

bricklayer

OK then back out with the engine i guess Thanks  tom

The70RT

Depends on if you have a 4spd or auto, you could brake an ear off the motor if you have good HP and a std trans.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bricklayer

Wel i pulled the motor myself and put the rubber mounts in it took about two and half hours now it's done ok then next put tranny in  thanks for your help  Tom

Steve P.

Did you drill and bolt your drivers side motor mount?? Doing so will give you the best of both worlds. The comfort of a rubber mount and the strength of a steel mount. I put 3 3/8ths bolts in my 65' mount.  2 in VegasMikes 68' Charger.  Works like a charm..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Finn

Do you guys have any pictures of the mods and a link to order the mounts from?
Also (since its in the same sorta area and I dont want to make another thread) where did you guys get your K member bushings? My searching shows suspension.com but I wanted to double check.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

six-tee-nine

Quote from: Finn on November 24, 2008, 01:18:14 PM
Do you guys have any pictures of the mods and a link to order the mounts from?
Also (since its in the same sorta area and I dont want to make another thread) where did you guys get your K member bushings? My searching shows suspension.com but I wanted to double check.

Here ya go  ;)

And here you can read the whole thread :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,13216.0.html
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

skip68

After 2 broken tranny mounts and 2 broken motor mounts I did the 2 bolts in the driverside mount.   :2thumbs:  Thank's to Ron's little trick I can mash the gas and the car twists but not the motor.  :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!