News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Very nice black R/T show and tell

Started by bull, October 31, 2005, 12:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Back when I first began looking for my '68 I ran across this perfect black one for sale in California. As soon as I saw it I was in love but the price at the time was out of my league. Probably still is. Anyway I contacted the current owner a while back and he was nice enough to send me a recent pic of the car. It looks like the genetically enhanced big brother to my car so I thought I'd share the picture here and some older ones of it as soon as I can find them. He rarely got on the old site and I don't think he's been here yet. Heckuva nice guy but too busy for goofing around here I guess.

bull

Here's mine so you don't forget what a wore out one looks like. BTW, the mattress is gone now. ;D

THE CHARGER PUNK

u know that aint an r/t its a clone it  was 4 sale on ebay awhile back it still had its original 383 and column shift automatic and it had a 69 interior other then that it was wickedly done car-MATT

41husk

a Charger with a matress? now that would have come in handy in high school!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger_Fan

How about some more pics? :D

Looks like it's still missing the right front wheel cap. :scope:

That's all I've got. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

THE CHARGER PUNK

it aint missing its front caps it just had willwood center caps hammered into the magnum 500's-MATT

BigBlockSam

i remember that car from ebay, real nice car. i hate the extended shackles on rear
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

'CUDA360

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 31, 2005, 08:40:51 PM
i remember that car from ebay, real nice car. i hate the extended shackles on rear

Right..

Have plazma cutter will travel  :yesnod:

bull

Hmmm? That's odd. He never told me he tried selling it but now that I see those pictures it sure looks like the one. He must have added the tail stripes because those weren't on there when I saw it for sale the first time. It had different wheels too and I thought it was a real R/T. Very interesting. :o

SLIKK 70

Isn't that the one that had the doors from a 69 or 70? The lock buttons are wrong for a 68 right?  ::)

Silver R/T

that car was on ebay, still got all pics saved on hd
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Did you figure out which was the VIN and which was the fender tag, Silver? ;D

Here's three more I found of the black car. The first was taken before he bought it and the other two shortly after once he got the Magnums mounted. I'm wondering now if he sent me the wrong pictures, like maybe he saved some of that Ebay car himself and mistook them for his own car because the first pic shows the door locks in the correct '68 position. Also, the center caps on the front wheels are correct in pic 2 and 3 and there are no extended shackles. I can't see door locks at all in the 2nd and 3rd picture. Weird.

6pkrunner

Now put that 1968 at dusk with a bit of sunset behind it and its a killer picture. A '70 showing off nicely.

cudacharger

I just saw the post...haven't been on the this site in a long time......To clear up the confusion....the first pic is not my car....I must have sent that one over bull.....my car is a true R/T...and is the California Car your refering to.   The car came out of Canada...and the previous owner that restored the car has a 68 hemicharger....he posted a pic awhile back...Candy apple Red.....Just awesome!

bull

I figured they had to be two different cars. Although they are very similar they have slight differences that stand out once you see them. The paint on both cars is immaculate. Stick around cudacharger, tell us more about your collection :icon_smile:.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 6pkrunner on November 01, 2005, 10:27:24 AM
Now put that 1968 at dusk with a bit of sunset behind it and its a killer picture. A '70 showing off nicely.
:iagree: :drool5:

Cudacharger, glad you made it! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

R2

WOW,,,very nice car,,,looks very straight,,,,
I noticed the mattress as well,,,but wasnt going to say anything....LOL....
Would like to hear more on BUlls's car,,,, I love the 68' chargers.....

bull

Quote from: R2 on November 01, 2005, 09:05:01 PM
WOW,,,very nice car,,,looks very straight,,,,
I noticed the mattress as well,,,but wasnt going to say anything....LOL....
Would like to hear more on BUlls's car,,,, I love the 68' chargers.....

I'll tell you everything I think is noteworthy. Let me know if you want more.

It's 1 of 74 produced with the 383/2bbl/4spd combo and as far as I can tell it has the numbers matching engine and trans. The non-hp cars didn't get stamped with the partial VIN at the top rear of the engine but the date code is correct. It also still has it's original Inland shifter which makes it even more rare because Chrysler switched to Hurst sometime in '68 as you probably know. Besides that many people yanked the Inlands in favor of aftermarket Hursts but mine will stay put. I'm not sure on the rear end because it appears someone in the past converted it to a Sure Grip. Originally it was a 3.23 ratio but I need to ascertain that for myself. It was originally the TT-1 green on a black interior and no vinyl roof. The only real options it has is the rear speaker setup, a console and hood turn signal indicators. The fender tag also tells me that someone ordered it. I wish I knew more of the history on it because although the previous owner managed to dig up the names of the three owners before him neither of us were able to find and talk to them. I do know it was brought here to Oregon in '96 by a guy who moved up from California and the last owner just let it sit outside for roughly six years. I'm hoping to find the broadcast sheet here in the next few weeks as I'll be dismantling the car but I'm not holding my breath. The car is being dismantled because it's going into the paint shop in January and no one, including me, is sure what color it will be when it comes out. Despite my decision to paint the car it's original color I can't ignore the black '68s so it's anyone's guess at this point. Actually, I'm about 99% sure what color it will be but I'm going to keep that to myself for now. Other than that I plan to rebuild and balance the engine with a mild performance upgrade and if I can swing it I'll make it so I can run either the stock 2bbl or an Edelbrock 750 4bbl. Some other items that will not remain stock are a front disc brake upgrade (but keeping the non-power brakes), a polyurathane front end rebuild kit, dual X-pipe exhaust, a Hemi pan (and some other engine upgrades like electronic ignition), HP manifolds, 15" Magnum 500s and BFG T/As (rather than 43-7.75x14 whitewalls and hub caps), a three-row radiator core upgrade on the original and someday I will install a hidden sound system for playing CDs or MP3s and one of those hidden A/C units because I hate being hot. Then, once I'm finished screwing around with the restoration I plan on making her pay for sitting so long.
:icon_smile_evil: :drive:

69_500

That picture of the 70 is sweet. Is that one of the famed HEMI RT/SE with power sunroof 70 chargers? I thought I noticed a bit of sky through the roof.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 69_500 on November 04, 2005, 04:56:47 PM
That picture of the 70 is sweet. Is that one of the famed HEMI RT/SE with power sunroof 70 chargers? I thought I noticed a bit of sky through the roof.
Yes it is. :icon_smile_approve:
Same car as on the front page of the registry; http://1970chargerregistry.com/index.html

Johnny got to talk with the owner sometime last year, seems like an interesting guy. He actually owns the big cat in the lower right of the pic as a pet...has others too.