News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MY Neighbor

Started by Charger74, November 12, 2008, 08:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger74

I wanted to share this with everyone here because I think it's a good story.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20081112/NEWS/811120359

This is about my neighbor, Tony who just came back from Iraq after his 4th tour.   He has had a 67 Mustang for a very long time and it was torn apart for the most part.  When he left he had a deal with a friend to just put a motor in it and get it running.  He came back and got the car yesterday (Veteran's Day).  While it's not complete, it certainly is very nice looking.

PocketThunder

Good story, kind of like a real life version of overhaulin'...   :2thumbs:

Time for him to take his kids out for ice cream in the Mustang every weekend..  :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger74

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 12, 2008, 11:48:23 AM
Good story, kind of like a real life version of overhaulin'...   :2thumbs:

Time for him to take his kids out for ice cream in the Mustang every weekend..  :yesnod:

Oh he will next year when it's finished completely.  Unfortunately, winter is here now in Iowa.

PocketThunder

Same here one state to the North my brother...   :-\
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

400/6/PAC

Cool Story.
Thats a good friend.
I wish there were more pics of the car.

71ChallengeHer

Ghoste

That's a good story and a small thank you.  I wish we were able to do something similar for every person who serves like that.  His getting the car on Veterans Day was a nice touch.

1969chargerrtse

Nice stuff there.  That is one big dude. :yesnod:  Thanks for sharing it.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger74

Well finally got a chance to talk with Tony last night.  The car still has some minor work to be down, mainly suspension changes due to the bigger wheels.  Tony will finishing the interior himself with his son.  Nice thing for him will that he will be able to take all the kids out for ice cream when it's done.  Currently he has a 73 'vette and it makes for some fights with the kids. 

Anyway, it interesting to hear what went on to get the car to this stage especially with the motor and tranny.  Apparently the motor he had bought from some guysn't nearly as good as the guy claimed, so it had to be rebuilt.  The tranny he had sitting around couldn't be used because it has an odd ball bell housing for 67.

As for pictures, as soon as I can get some taken I will post them up.  I agree that article could have shown better ones.