News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bill O'Reilly

Started by Lowprofile, October 27, 2006, 05:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

Quote from: RD on October 28, 2006, 01:34:09 AM
Either way,  anyone who gets paid to spout off their opinionated political BS is no better than a damn crooked politician in my eyes.

the nutz and boltz of it all is that.  if you think he is awesome, then just remember that he does not provide a damn bit of service or product to this nation besides his hot bag of air.

I dont care if they lean right or left in this matter, i think they are full of shit and get off on boosting their own sad egos.

I would rather listen to someone who has actually done something more productive for this country than some big ol' wind bag! :D 

bravo!....well said
70charginglizard

chargerboy69

Quote from: Lowprofile on October 27, 2006, 05:03:09 PM
Just watched Oprah  :o  and her Town Hall meeting style show with Bill. I was just wondering if anyone else watched? I thought Bill made a good showing for himself. He faced the audience and answered all the questions, for or against him. I have read a few of his books & I agree with most of what he says. :angel: :icon_smile_evil:

I have been a FOX news watcher/listener {I have XM Satellite Radio} for many years. I was wondering what news organization that you listen to or watch or read to get your news/info?  ;) :icon_smile_big:

I missed the Oprah show. But I do watch Bill O'Reilly quite often. I am a FOX News junkie. The man knows his stuff. I also like that he is not a "yes man" for one side or the other. He tells it like it is. . .Not everyone may agree with him. But that is their opinion. . . . I also like Glenn Beck on Headline News (CNN). He has a great conservative radio show during the day, and then does his TV show at night. His TV show is the highest rated cable news show from 7-8pm. Then Bill is the highest from 8-9pm. Make sure to check out Glenn.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

DodgeByDave

I don't watch much TV news anymore. Especially local news. To many ads and not enough substance.

Found several places to get the real news without having to listen to a lot "Demo-con" or "Republi-rat" spin

http://goldismoney.info/forums/    The posters here usually are 3-5 DAYS ahead of the government controlled media and by far more accurate

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/

http://www.minutemanhq.com/hq/

http://www.sierratimes.com/

http://urbansurvival.com/

http://visz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/woalert.php?lang=eng

My Politics? i would best be described as a "Patriot". I have no use for liberals or conservatives.

My stance on government? A simple formula: Your elected representative, a streetlamp and some rope. Some assembly required.

If you have an open mind and a couple of hours, watch this. It will change your life.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4312730277175242198&q=freedom+to+fascism

That is all

DBD
III, we are everywhere

sjmarsing

I also watched Oprah (only because I saw Bill was going to be on) I thought he made several good points.  I am what he would consider a "T-warrior" -however- I think he is much further rightwinged than I am (and I don't know if thats very possible) and I aslo think he is wrong about "no middle ground"  I think most of America falls somewhere in the middle.

sjmarsing

Bill O Reilly is nothing more than a bully who takes some of what is fact and beats it over your head with his hard line position. He never gets into meaningful debates and when someone does try to articulate their position he usually cuts them off with some kind of raging banter.......half crap some truth=worthless

just my opinion

Even though I like a lot of stuff he says you are absolutly right and I couldn't have said it better myself!

Example from the Oprah show: Some guy that disagreed with him somewhat stood up in the audience and started saying something intelligent and Bill interupts him and starts yelling "Fox hater, You're a Fox hater!"

Troy

Quote from: sjmarsing on October 28, 2006, 03:44:30 PM
I also watched Opera (only because I saw Bill was going to be on) I thought he made several good points.  I am what he would consider a "T-warrior" -however- I think he is much further rightwinged than I am (and I don't know if thats very possible) and I aslo think he is wrong about "no middle ground"  I think most of America falls somewhere in the middle.
I can't say that I have ever even seen Bill O'Reilly but you bring up an interesting point so I'm going to hijack the thread. ;) As I was driving home the other day I was listening to the rediculous campaign ads and some commentary on the elections and I realized that most of America (and this site) probably isn't on one side or another. However, the ones on the edges seem to be the ones doing all the talking and getting all the attention. I noticed that you never hear spirited debates between two people in the middle - it's always stubborn mules firmly on either side going at it full bore (which is why political discussions don't work here). I think that's the only reason Americans pay attention to politics any more - it's a reality show with larger than life characters but no real substance. :D

That also points out that the people on the far edges are guaranteed votes so all of the campaigning is solely for the people on the fence with no real love for the stance of either party. The reason so many politicians campaign furiously right before the election is to get these "swing" voters. (If the nation were truly divided this wouldn't be necessary.) The other reason is that many people are lazy and can't do any research on their own or think for themselves but that's another topic. ;) Since voter turnout is so low this middle group is very powerful but you'd never know it from listening to most politicians as they cater to special interests or focus on one or two hot topics. The problem here is that a politician who thinks most like the actual majority (the middle) has to align with one party or another to even have a chance at winning the election. This process guarantees that the politician will often NOT vote their conscience (or the will of their constituents) but instead go along with the party that got them elected. I'd hope that most people are smart enough to realize that few, if any, politicians are really there to "serve" the people so much as help themselves. I heard an interesting point this morning that most good guys who really feel an obligation to be in public office wouldn't last through the scrutiny and attacks. Therefore most don't even bother and we get stuck voting for less-than-ideal candidates.

As for news/TV/radio personalities, they are paid for ratings and publicity. It's all about business. Boring shows rarely survive and controversy is a good thing (see Jerry Springer, Howard Stern, Rush Limbaugh, etc.). People have freedom of choice and if they don't like it then they don't watch/listen. In time (sometimes quickly) the ratings will falter and the show will get canned.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

sjmarsing

I couldn't agree more!!  ;)

Big Lebowski

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 28, 2006, 07:41:03 AM
Quote from: Big Lebowski on October 28, 2006, 01:03:28 AM
Quote from: last426 on October 27, 2006, 10:59:13 PM
Quote from: Big Lebowski on October 27, 2006, 10:30:07 PMWhen Oprah's audience hacks mentioned the ACLU, Bill just slayed them with..."The ACLU supports pro-bono...Nambla" (For those of you in Rio Linda, that means the ACLU Lawyer scumbags work for free to protect child raping perverts at Nambla).

Of course they represent them pro bono, so far as I know they represent most everyone pro bono, that is why folks like me give them money.  I don't know what arguments are made in any specific case but they are likely first amendment "right to associate" or freedom of speech arguments. Of course such arguments are going to be on fringe issues with fringe groups.  If the ideas were mainstream, there would be no controversy, no controversy no dispute, and no dispute no lawsuit.  It's as simple as that. 

O'Reilly, to his shame, invents boogie men and rides in on a white horse, attempting to slay them.  Look what he tried last xmas, claiming that secular humanists were trying to end xmas and coming up with lame examples of some store somewhere asking its employees to say happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas.  Uh, yeah, right Bill, thank god you came to the rescue.  Now get back to that loofah sponge you perve.  Kim 

"Perve"...Why inject all the mumbo jumbo just to get to O'Reilly's point...Nambla simply put, are a bunch of child raping "perves". ACLU members are the 21st century Neville Chamberlin's of our time (For those of you Rio Linda, that means Liberals who appeased Hitler but he killed 6 million people anyway). And you proudly contribute to the American Commie Liberal Union.  :down:

The ACLU was founded by, Roger Baldwin, a communist.

As for the perve remark, you need to remember the double standard. Bill O'Reilly is a conservative, hence he is a perve.  Fighting for the right to have sex in public at rest areas or in public bathhouses, that's good old American values.

That's fricken funny and truly sad, and I guess that's why I pee in the ladies room everytime I see George Michael & Boy George going into the mens shitter together. :D
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

SirNik73

Yeah What Troy said.....
which is why i like to read my news on-line. I enjoy talk shows for the entertainment, but if i really want to see whats going on in the world I'll read it on-line, get a few sources, and i have the ability to look up the history of the event on web pages like wikipedia. not saying i don't have an opinion, because i do, but i like to know its my opinion not that of someone else.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Charger_Fan

Wow, this thread's still alive?? :icon_smile_tongue:
I'm impressed that the tone is still civil after this many posts. :thumbs:

Quote from: Troy on October 28, 2006, 04:59:08 PM
I heard an interesting point this morning that most good guys who really feel an obligation to be in public office wouldn't last through the scrutiny and attacks. Therefore most don't even bother and we get stuck voting for less-than-ideal candidates.

That's exactly how I feel each & every time I vote...I'm voting for someone that will "get by", instead of someone who I feel will really make a difference. Often, I see someone pop up on the 'ol political viewfinder that looks like he/she could really be something, only to be squashed early on by the revelation of some petty indescretion that happened in their teenage years or something. :icon_smile_angry:
We've all had things happen in our past that we're not proud of, but IMO it's the person we've made of ourselves today that counts. The mistakes were learned from & a better person emerged. That type of person usually gets my vote, assuming they actually make it to voting day...and of course, depending on the mistake they've actually done.  :icon_smile_wink:

Oh & Bill O'Reilly? I've never watched the guy...or Oprah. :icon_smile_tongue:
I do like listening to Glenn Beck during my commute home, he's usually my favorite. Depending on the topic, I also listen to Ingraham, Reagan, Humphries, Savage & sometimes Rush, but he's usually too full of himself for my taste.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

nh_mopar_fan

I like Ingraham but Savage is way out there. I can't listen to Rush. I want to hear opposing viewpoints.  want people to defend their beliefs. Rush is completely one-sided.

SirNik73

Yeah, everyone I know listens to Rush... and while I agree with a lot of what he says, I can't listen to him... I mean its like he's preaching to the quire when it comes to me, so what is there to learn from that. I listen to Dennis Prager... he is my favorite person on radio, mainly because he uses about 1/3 of his show for stuff non political, he talks more about morals... I really like listening to him talk about things like divorces effect on the country... things like that... he runs his show in an interesting way too, he will pose some question like "are kids happier with divorced parents or parents who are living together 'for the sake of the kids'?"  And then lets the audience call in with personal opinions and stories. I think it's a good show talking about things I feel actually have an impact on people. I could really care less what "party" is in office... just that there are good people running the country. So topics that discuss morals seem to be more important. I think it's more important then just back and forth political banter.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

TK73

Quote from: Big Lebowski on October 28, 2006, 11:25:59 PM
  That's fricken funny and truly sad, and I guess that's why I pee in the ladies room everytime I see George Michael & Boy George going into the mens shitter together. :D

Uhhh, how often is it that you follow George Michael or Boy George around to see if they go into the bathroom together? ...and do you sit down to pee in the ladies room, or stand?  ???
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Big Lebowski

Quote from: TK73 on October 29, 2006, 09:09:39 PM
Quote from: Big Lebowski on October 28, 2006, 11:25:59 PM

Uhhh, how often is it that you follow George Michael or Boy George around to see if they go into the bathroom together? ...and do you sit down to pee in the ladies room, or stand?  ???

That was just my lame attempt at humor, although I did hear one of them was arrested for doing the nasty with himself in the public park crapper somewhere, so I tend to avoid those places, that's why I'm 70 miles out of town.
              And your 2nd question... I'm up in the mountains working in a forest... so I mostly just pee on the trees.  :D
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

19Charger68

Bill is alright, but I much prefer Glenn Beck.  Rush is a self-important puffed up peacock and even though I agree with some of what he says, I can't stand to listen to him agrandize himself every other minute.
Bruce

MichaelRW

Quote from: 19Charger68 on October 30, 2006, 04:48:59 PM
Bill is alright, but I much prefer Glenn Beck.  Rush is a self-important puffed up peacock and even though I agree with some of what he says, I can't stand to listen to him agrandize himself every other minute.

Yeah, but don't forget, Rush is smarter than everybody else with half his brain tied behind his back.  ;D
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

ITSA426

Quote from: MichaelRW on October 30, 2006, 05:15:33 PM
Quote from: 19Charger68 on October 30, 2006, 04:48:59 PM

Yeah, but don't forget, Rush is smarter than everybody else with half his brain tied behind his back.  ;D

I thought half his brain was all he had left after the oxycontin diet he was on.

Lord Warlock

dude, oxycontin doesn't fry your brain.  does a good job on pain though, of course if he was snorting it powdered like coke, it may do something more than give you a tingly feeling.  As someone who suffers from recurring kidney stones and a polinital cyst, I live with pain killers.  And I can't see why anyone would get addicted to them.  I don't even like the feeling of some of the stronger pain killers, I'd much rather smoke a dube...but can't due to work situations. 

Rush is a far right activist, which isn't that bad since there are lots and lots of far left ones, the right deserves a chance to voice their opinions too.  Trying to prosecute someone for legal pain killers and subpoenaing someone's personal medical files (hardly ever done) was truly just an attack on a far right icon at the time. 

Glenn Beck is the ONLY person I'll even listen to on CNN.  Everyone else there is soooo out there it is rediculous.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

ITSA426

Rush's  housekeeper must have forgotten where the pharmacy was located when she was filling his prescription for him in a parking lot.  He probably just checked himself into rehab so he could learn where the drug store was located.  As for his cyst I don't believe it's caused him any problem since the draft ended although I understand the same problem didn't prevent his dad from serving in WW II.  My mistake.

Lord Warlock

Evidently you don't understand whats involved with a polinital cyst.  It clogs and builds pressure and INTENSE PAIN until it bursts, is lanced or is operated on.  I've had my cyst since i was 21, I'm 45 now, and on the average I suffer through mine every 60 to 90 days.  I've had it lanced twice when it built up pressure so bad that I couldn't walk, couldn't sit and had trouble laying down for more than a week.  Surgery is an option to have the entire absessed region cut out (roughly a 4 inch long by 1/2 inch deep or more, incision to cut below the cyst, which leaves a crater on the crack of your ass that never really heals, it continues to ooze fluids for months.  In my case the pain episodes are as bad as a kidney stone (I've had several of those too) but only last about 3 days before it forces the flap open - where i had it cut open 6 years ago, and it has never healed over. 

I had the problem while I served in active duty in the Air Force, the cyst does not usually get you out of military service, it is also hereditary, in that if your dad has it, you are likely to have it too.  My dad had his operated on when young and it never came back, my elder brother had his operated on as well.  I chose not to because I'd learned to live with it, and the more I read about it I found that they do grow back after surgery in a majority of the cases. Mine has gotten larger and more frequent in the last 5 years.   I don't feel like taking 90 days off on my stomach to heal after surgery, when I can live with it.  Oh by the way when it bursts it BLEEDS like a woman on a period.  I'll go to work while waiting for a kidney stone to pass, I will take a day or two off when the cyst is impacted and in the pain mode. 

I don't use oxycontin though, I have oxycodone and some other more potent prescription that I only use in the worst episodes.  My last doctor wouldn't prescribe pain pills and tried to force me to have surgery done, needless to say I dumped his ass and found another.  Surgery is an option it shouldn't be a requirement.  I don't try to defend Rush, he is opinionated and says things I don't always agree with, so deserves alot of the talk he gets back against him. He does however not hold back when conservative issues need to be voiced. 

Anyway, I don't condone Rush's decision to shop around for extra medication.  That was wrong of him to do so.  I still have left over medication from 2 years ago that i didn't use, I don't enjoy the feeling of over medication with pain pills.  Makes my skin crawl.   
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

TK73

WL, I don't think anybody here is disputing, or downplaying, a serious medical issue.

Quote from: Lord Warlock on October 30, 2006, 08:56:31 PM

... to shop around for extra medication. 

Definition; "drug addiction".

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/10/10/rush.limbaugh/

Limbaugh admits addiction to pain medication

Friday, October 10, 2003 Posted: 10:52 PM EDT (0252 GMT)

(CNN) -- Rush Limbaugh announced on his radio program Friday that he is addicted to pain medication and that he is checking himself into a treatment center immediately.

================
a sample of hypocricy;

"Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs.  And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them.And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up."
-- Rush Limbaugh. October 5, 1995 show transcript.
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Orange_Crush

LW, My wife had a polinidal cyst which she had lanced by an asshole doctor who lanced it without benefit of anesthesia causing her incredible pauin and massive hemmorhhaging which damn near killed her.  Yes, they are very serious and quite painful, but make no mistake...Oxycontin is an extremely powerful and EXTREMELY addictive medication. 

My brother was put on oxycontin for a very bad testicular infection.  He took it once and decided to deal with the pain because the drug made him feel so good he was afraid he'd get addicted.  This is before he'd ever heard of oxycontin in the news.  The stuff is dangerous and, if abused, it will most certainly fry your brain.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

BigBlockSam

QuoteYou watched Oprah 

:smilielol:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

BigBlockSam

between polotics and all the men dieing in Iraq . i watch very little news. it tends to depress me.  :rotz:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img