News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

29 or 10 spline

Started by Belgium R/T -68, October 17, 2008, 12:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Wich 3rd members had a 29 spline yoke and wich had the 10 spline? :scratchchin:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Challenger340

I think, the 489 cases were 29 spline, and the earlier 742, 741 were 10 spline ?

I dunno for sure though, been a Looong time since I played with any of that stuff. At least this will "bump" your thread back to the top.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

firefighter3931

You could have either the 10 or 29 spline yoke on any of the 3 different centersections.....I've seen both on all three.

Aftermarket ring and pinion sets come allmost exclusively with a 29 spline allthough some manufacturers will sell you a 10 spline if you request it, but selection on gear ratios is limited.

The easy way to identify the spline count without disassembling the 3rd member is by the pinion nut sizing :

If the pinion nut takes a 1 1/8 socket, it is a 10 spline. If the pinion nut takes a 1 1/4 or 1 5/16 socket, it is a 29 spline.

Ron

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Belgium R/T -68

Good input as usual  :2thumbs: I decided  to don't get into rebuilding of the suregrip for the chargerproject, I just feel my competence isn't there yet and
a 3rd member at Mancini is available for a reasonable price as I see it compared to maybe risking to mess it up.
Are these Auburn type clutches to be recomended?
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

firefighter3931

The Auburn SG units are fine for a street car.  :yesnod:

I wouldn't be racing (slicks) with that type of unit but then again i don't think that's what you'll be doing either.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs