News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler, GM have merger talks

Started by tin_soldier, October 14, 2008, 10:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tin_soldier

Detroit/New York: Chrysler LLC has had talks with General Motors Corp about a deal to combine the No. 1 and No. 3 American automakers at a time when both are struggling to cut costs and shore up cash, according to three people familiar with the matter.

read more...  http://sify.com/finance/fullstory.php?id=14774977

Old Moparz

A bowtie on a Challenger or a ram's head on a Camaro would be like having foreplay with a Vise-grip.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Brock Samson

i read GM was loosing a billion bucks a month and that they have 52 Billion dollors.. (OK, That's paraphrased and rounded off so don't hold me to it) but if that's actually the case GM only has a year to live tops..  :shruggy:

Mike DC

GM has been a mess for decades.  Rumor has it they were an hour away from bankruptcy in the late 1980s one time, crossing their fingers that the stock market would go up by the end of the day. 

The accidental cash-cow that was the SUV boom is the only thing that's kept GM out of bankruptcy court a long time ago.  Same with Ford and Chrysler. 

hemigeno

There's a thread on the General Discussion board about this topic.  That's the best place to post comments/replies, so people don't have to follow two threads.