News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Truck Cap Questions - Opinion?

Started by Old Moparz, October 29, 2005, 10:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

I've been holding off ordering the cap for the truck bed because I was hoping to talk to someone that already has one of the caps I saw & liked. Unfortunately, I haven't run into a local person that has one, so I can ask them if they like it or not. It's the type that has the large, rear, door that also replaces the tail gate, giving you both a rear hatch, & a smaller, walk through door.

Here's a photo:

Does anyone have a cap like this one? Has it held up okay? Are there any pros & cons to this one?

I'm considering this type since the truck will be used for towing a camping trailer, a car trailer, & it's not a work truck. The truck is a Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4, so when the tail gate is open, it's pretty high up from the ground for my wife & daughter to climb up & into.

Any info or opinions? Thanks, Bob
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

andy74

hey old, my buddy has that same cap on his chevy truck,he loves it. he bought it used from one of our customers about 3 years ago,and he has even caamped at carlisle in it.good idea if you can use your mirriors when you back up!

cudaken

I cannot tell you how they hold up but I painted one like it a year ago. Seemed well made, was bought used or the owner bought a driffrent truck. Did a color change on it.

Cuda Ken
I am back

BigBlockSam

i have the cap on my pickup for 7 yrs. the paint on the top is chipping but beside that it's holding up good. i went to look at caps. they wanted $1300 for the cap i wanted. i kept looking on Ebay. i saw lots cool caps but they where all far away. then, bam! the cap i wanted , the same color as my truck in south jersey. one hour from my house. i got it for $99 with the clamps. that was my best score on Ebay. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Old Moparz

Thanks for the info, but I decided on not getting one. I went to look at it today and...... :o  The back hatch with the walk through door is a $700 option on top of the $1950 cap it's on. I like it, but not enough to pay almost $2700. If it were $100 or $200 more on a less expensive cap, I would have likely bought it.

I'm looking at this one now, it's made very nice, but still isn't cheap at $1600.  ::)

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry