News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Check out the latest HLPAG car..

Started by jb666, September 27, 2008, 09:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

:o

Why's this thing appear to be off the ground? Is it a 4X4??

Only $14k, guys, and it's "super solid"!!!

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparmusclecars

He wanted the stance on the car to appear better looking. Someone has apparently put something like a bottle jack or something under the ass end to raise it up. Look at the springs. They have no weight on them as far as i can see, which appears to make them look like brand new springs.  I've seen that done on several cars for sale on ebay.

2much2learn

:smilielol:id buy it :hah:theres OBVIOUSLY nothing mysterious looking about this  car.
I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

Dans 68

...and the skidloader in the photo is to push these pieces of crap around after their photo shoots! :rofl:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

dpm68

Quote...and the skidloader in the photo is to push these pieces of crap around after their photo shoots!
Now that's funny!
Did anyone notice what appears to be a 500 back there? Sad, gentlemen, sad...

WingCharger

Quote from: dpm68 on September 28, 2008, 08:27:09 AM
Did anyone notice what appears to be a 500 back there? Sad, gentlemen, sad...

Where? :shruggy:

Chris G.

jb666

skip68

It might be too much for the rust free frame rails to handle if the car was on the ground.  ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Hemidoug

Simple....there is no engine in the car.....here is what my 71 looks like with no motor...
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

The70RT

It looks as the tires are barley touching the ground though but who knows.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on September 28, 2008, 11:56:49 AM
It looks as the tires are barley touching the ground though but who knows.

That's what I was thinking too. The car definitely looks off the ground.

Ghoste

Agreed, that is much more than no engine there.  Those springs aren't even the heavy duty units and they look as arched as a set of uninstalled Super Stock springs.  I'll go with the bottle jack assumption.

Mike DC

I think you guys may be overthinking this a bit.

Cheapo air shocks on the back + pumped up rear tires = that high rearend.

six-tee-nine

Maybe the car sits on jackstands because the bondo they used to fix the suspention mounts isn't dry yet  ::)

Anyway we cant expect antything else than it being fishy from these guys...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Ghoste

You could be right Mike but it's still hard to imagine Hans investing in anything as high tech as air shocks.