News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69' Charger Shocks:

Started by Captain D, August 20, 2008, 11:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hi all,

I have a few questions to ask regarding front shocks for my 69' Charger. My girlfriend bought me, as a gift, Monroe gas-charged shocks. Nothing heavy-duty, just basic shocks. With the package comes the bushing and end pieces, but I do not have the bolt that runs through the base of the shock. I've tried Advanced Auto and Napa so far with no luck. I called JC Whitney and they too said that they do not sell the bolt neither. Both Advanced Auto & Napa only sell a universal bolt kit, but they are too big to fit the Monroe's.

If I recall, 66-72 Chargers had the same size bolts, but I wonder why they are so hard to find if the shocks themselves are so readily available everywhere. After all, people have to have the hardware in order to mount them. My home computer is having a difficult time for some reason loading monroe.com but does anyone know if they sell the bolts & hardware there? It would seem as if they should...If not, does anyone know where I may find the bolts & hardware? Below is the item that I have for my front shocks:

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=MON&MfrPartNumber=56002&PartType=49&PTSet=A

Also, one last question - dumb as it is for this newbie, but here goes - One of the shocks has a dent on one side near the base, would something like that affect the durability of the shock? I know, a dumb question to ask, and I'm probably concerned about nothing, but just curious to ask before I install it...

Thank you for any responses,
Aaron 

Captain D

Thank you for the link,

The shocks that I have actually came from: www.rockauto.com, part # 32022. I just thought that I would write to see other's experiences with this particular shock from this particular seller just to see how well everything fits...just to double-check simply to save frustration later on down the road regarding fittings. Please post any positive/negative experiences. Thanks again!
Aaron

BrianShaughnessy

They're just shocks... no big deal.

Our favorite shock flavor nowadays is Edelbrock IAS.   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I put those in my Charger in place of the rock hard KYB's....painted 'em black :)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Captain D

Got the bolts in yesterday...great fitting! Thanks again for the replies and for putting up w/ my detailness, lol... ;)
Kindest regards,
Aaron

69chargerR/T

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 22, 2008, 07:13:58 PM
I put those in my Charger in place of the rock hard KYB's....painted 'em black :)

Just 69, how do you like the eddy shocks over the KYB's ?  Are the KYB's really that stiff , I've heard that a lot on this site   Alan

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69chargerR/T on August 31, 2008, 06:28:49 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 22, 2008, 07:13:58 PM

Just 69, how do you like the eddy shocks over the KYB's ?  Are the KYB's really that stiff , I've heard that a lot on this site   Alan

Don't the have Edelbrocks....when I said "those" I was referring to the OP's Monroe's
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

I recently replaced my KYBs with eddy ias shocks. there was a noticeable differance in the ride, but not enough diff to merit the cost to upgrade.

If you dont have any shocks it would be worth gettin the IAS shocks but if you have kybs already Id leave them be.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............