News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

carb storage

Started by 69maritime, August 28, 2008, 11:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69maritime

I quickly went through 10 pages of carb questions and I can't find any info on storing a carb.  I have a new carb that has only seen about 5 miles of use.  Well, the engine is comming out soon and I have removed the Holley.  I drained the fuel and put it back in its original box.  It will be awhile before I re-install it ( at least a year ) and I'm wondering if that is all I need to do, or is there some preventative maintenance I should be doing.  Any thoughts would much appreciated.         

Cory

resq302

might want to spray it down pretty good internally with a bunch of carb cleaner spray.  best thing to do would be to disassemble it and clean it out with carb cleaner.  This way you know for sure that it is clean and will not have any gas turn into varnish.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto