News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1955 Plymouth found, Owner is going to crush it unless I buy it-Should I??

Started by High Impact, August 13, 2008, 07:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Impact

I found a  55 plymouth four door last nite that I think might be a belvedere but Im not really sure.  The body is really nice and the floor pans are perfect as is the frame.  The interior trim is all painted and ready to installl and the body isn't going to take to long to get ready for paint.   Granted,  this isnt a great find by no means,  but I cant see it going to the crusher either.   I think I've got him down to $600.00 which I think is a good deal,  but I just want to find it a home as these arent the era of cars Im into.

WingCharger

bull

Tell him to kiss your big hairy butt. Don't let some idiot boob try to push you around with phony threats to crush a car. He's just trying to milk you for cash with scare tactics. I'd offer him $5 more than the scrap yard will give him and then subtract the amount of hassle and gas he'll spend hauling it there.

High Impact

I found a  55 plymouth four door last nite that I think might be a belvedere but Im not really sure.  The body is really nice and the floor pans are perfect as is the frame.  The interior trim is all painted and ready to installl and the body isn't going to take to long to get ready for paint.   Granted,  this isnt a great find by no means,  but I cant see it going to the crusher either.   I think I've got him down to $600.00 which I think is a good deal,  but I just want to find it a home as these arent the era of cars Im into.

Charger74

I'm going to say yes, definitely worth saving.   I know of some others on other boards that love that year.   Good luck either way.   :2thumbs:

WingCharger

Do you know if it is a Plaza, Savoy, or Belvedere?

KMPX2

KMPX2

High Impact

I dont know what model it is yet???    He wants me to tell him if Im taking it today and Im not sure what to do yet :shruggy:

TeeWJay426

Do it- you won't lose anything on the deal; and if he was to make good on the crushing threat, that would be a shame. That is definitely worth restoring to someone.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

41husk

I bet $500 cash in hand would take it, do you think he would get $500 in scrap?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

69*F5*SE

If you can get it , get it.  If not, the owner has no heart.  :rotz:

71bee

Looks to me like you have no choice but to BUY IT.  :icon_smile_big:

If you don't have a place for it & you really have no desire for the car, snag it & turn it like any good ol' American should!  :yesnod:
if this seller had half a brain, he could have unloaded it for more than $600. it looks pretty straight from the pics. 

Tilar

Unless the engine or drive train is something special, you have a 6 to 8k car tops in running/driving condition. Not worth spending the time on it to finish it out, but as the others have mentioned, It would probably bring twice his asking price on Ebay.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

mikepmcs

Quote from: bull on August 13, 2008, 07:17:59 AM
Tel lhim to kiss your big hairy butt. Don't let some idiot boob try to push you around with phony threats to crush a car. He's just trying to milk you for cash with scare tactics. I'd offer him $5 more than the scrap yard will give him and then subtract the amount of hassle and gas he'll spend hauling it there.

couldn't have said it better myself. Scrap is about $185/ton here, well 2 weeks ago anyway when we crushed one, $230 the month before that.
give him $500 bucs and flip it to buy parts for your other projects. :Twocents:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

dads_69

Give him the same amount the scrap yard will give him. How long is the car going to sit around in your possesion before it gets dumped again or sold?
I say a fresh $100.00 and thats it.

IMHO, I wouldn't have that pile near my house.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

bull

Boy, some of you (not the last two) are some real pushovers. I think if I ever sell my Charger I'm also going to threaten to crush it if I don't get the amount of money I want. :slap:

Does it make any logical sense to you guys to give this bozo even $5 more than the scrap yard when you really don't want it? If you only feel obligated to save it, and you really don't like the car or can't flip it for a profit, why buy it? This is called MANIPULATION and it's really not supposed to work on people who've moved beyond adolescence.

dads_69

Bull, you want it don't you? Come on man, admit it, you like the thought of having an original (charger design) 4 door in your drive way... :nana:

I couldn't resist.........sorry buddy
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

aussiemuscle

We had to get rid of a 66 valiant, none of the scrap guys would take it and ended up paying 100 to get it towed to a wrecking yard. :eek2: it wasn't running (no motor/gbox) but was a decent body.

High Impact

Well,  I didnt buy it tonight,  I have no idea what going  to become of it.........................One thing I did think about was to make a gasser out of it with a straight axle up front and maybe a SBC (chevy).
Its not a high dollar car done correct and would be kinda cool to see it set up in a vintage fashion..........even if's its a four door.  I guess I'll call him in the morning.

ChargersETC..ETC..

Wow a Plymouth !  They don't make em like that anymore or at all period  :bow:  That cars  worth something in parts alone to someone but looks incompleate to me  :Twocents:On a related note-I know of a 1956 Plymouth Savoy for sale  for $2,000 clear title Cash and Carry that was a driver but needs 270 engine rebuilt if anyones interested let me know cars located in OR.

High Impact

For the $2000.00 that seems like a good deal...........................if you like those :hah:

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

The70RT

I wouldn't fix it up like most said...not feasable. If the front clip will fit a 2dr. it would make a good parts car for like 300. He could get close to 3-4 for scrap if it has a drivetrain.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us