News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will the MP XHD Springs give me some lift???

Started by Mfr426, August 11, 2008, 07:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hey all, I have ESPO springs on my 69 Charger that I purchased about 8 years ago. I probably have about 1,000 miles on the car since the restoration. I was under my car this weekend putting in my frame connectors and got a good look at my rear springs. The driver's side were almost arched the wrong way. They were at least flat with a slight arch in the wrong direction. The passenger side is not as bad but does not have a solid arch in my opinion. I'm pretty sure when I got these springs I did not get the HD ones and just the stock replacement. I think it has 4 leafs.

I'm looking to move to the MP springs (4452983/982). Will they improve my body stance as well? I'd like about another 1-2" of lift in the rear.

Thanks for any comments.

Mike R in Reading PA
69 Charger RT/SE 505 Wedge

Mfr426

Anybody...anybody...? I am itching to order these new springs but want to see if they will give me any improvement in stance before I pull the trigger.

Thanks...

471_Magnum

Under load, stock springs only have a slight arch. SS springs have a big arch.

XHD springs are stock height. They will sit higher initially until they settle-in after a week or so.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Mfr426

I took the leap and ordered the new XHD springs. These ESPO unit just don't look right to me.

Thanks for the reply.

Mike R

Musicman

XHD"s on a 1st Gen provide about 1" of extra lift over the axle. I have them on my 67... Sorry I don't have any before and after pictures with me at the moment, but I do have some.

1BAD68

probably too late now but I swear by these springs...

http://stores.ebay.com/McVeighs-Truck-Springs_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZQ2d33QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I've had almost a year now and they are great. The ride is nice, the car sits perfectly level (side to side), and since I put them on they have dropped only 3/4".
For $169.00 you cant go wrong.

here's my experience...    made in the USA!

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,33321.msg380141.html#msg380141

Musicman

Hey Mike

I found a couple of examples for you on another site. The first shot is a Before & After of my 67 with the XHD upgrade, this shot was taken back when I first got the car, and it hasn't really settled an inch since.
The other 2 accompanying shots also illustrate the difference between stock and XHD suspension on a 1st Gen.

Mfr426

Musicman, that is exactly what I wanted to see!  :cheers:

Thanks all!