News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New member intro - 68 Charger resto

Started by 68RRFlyer, August 08, 2008, 03:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68RRFlyer

Hey guys,

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself.  I use this handle over on Moparts so some may recognize me.  Good thing or bad thing?   :eyes:  I'm currently restoring a 68 Road Runner (Hemi, 4speed, LL1, Black Vinyl top - not an original Hemi car, but original LL1 -4spd  ;D) and have just been presented with an offer I can't refuse.  A guy I work with is the original owner of a 68 Charger R/T, auto,AC, PB, B5 triple blue (inside, outside, and vinyl top too) and 55K miles, and he's been admiring my resto job since February.  We were going back and forth about me either buying the car from him, or me restoring it.  Welp, he's going to retire in two years and told me he wants his car done so after gets comes off his last flight he can take a ride in his first car.   I can't really turn down someone actually PAYING me to restore a car, so the 'Runner is going into primer next month and then storage after that so I can get to work on his car in October.  I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  So for all the 68 Charger guys out there (and I'm sending you a PM Troy (hemicharger) about the painter guy) be prepared for a ton of questions if I can't find the answers from posts here or over there.   I'm going to his place after this trip and get some good photos so I'll post them after that.  There's no rust, or if any, it's really minor so he says.  I've got links to my Road Runner Resto in my signature and when I get his car, I'll create a site for that too.  Nice meeting everyone and look forward to being a member here if only in passing!

Cheers  :cheers:   
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

2Gunz

Welcome.

Lots of great people and great information on this site.

I think you have found your new home.

hemi68charger

Dave..
Not a problem......  When you get home, come on over and we can chat about it in the garage next to my Hemi.....   :icon_smile_big:

Oh, and have a beer or two..............

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

bull

moparstuart

nice job with the poor mans jig taping it out on the floor . love it
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

tan top

hello & welcome  Dave  :cheers:  some nice work been going on there with the roadrunner  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69*F5*SE

Finn

Welcome man! Ive already torn down my 68 and I should be putting it back together soon.  You've definitely came to the right place, I wish I had found this before I really got into mine, would have been much easier and saved me a ton of cash lol. Ive never heard of a triple blue car but the idea sounds pretty cool.
*waits for pictures*
:popcrn:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

suntech

Quotesaved me a ton of cash lol
Wrong!!! this is a VERY expansive website!! :D Get so many ideas!!!! hihi!!! welcome :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

68RRFlyer

Thanks Guys!  I know, I know...I need pictures and know better than to post something like this without pics, but the only ones he has right now are Polaroids.    I'll be getting some good digital ones later this month when I head up to VA to see the car in person.

Yeah, I've been doing some extensive work on the Road Runner and luckily, his Charger doesn't need anything near what the 'Runner needed.  So this should be a nice, relatively painless, restoration.   :2thumbs:

Troy, yup, I'll be stopping over this month for sure and by the way, I'm in Brussels now and got some beer cans for your collection!  Did you want beer in them as well?  You didn't specify that, so I went ahead and emptied them already for you  :cheers:

Thanks guys for the compliments and look forward to posting pics and getting help. 

Cheers  :cheers:
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

hemi68charger

Dave, you're the man.................... Hopefully I'll have some more shelves built for them in the garage......... THANKS !!!!!   :2thumbs:

Hope you're having fun over there in Europe, I'm slightly jealous.......  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection