News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Were can I get a Chrysler brand fuel sending unit for my 69 Charger?

Started by 69chargerboy, August 10, 2008, 08:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerboy

I don't want to buy an aftermarket sending unit, due the poor reliability. Does anyone know were I could buy one made buy Chrysler. I went to the Chrysler dealer already, the parts guy told me that they can only get parts from 1981 and newer cars. Does Year One or Paddock have them? I think I answered my question already, but I'd thought I ask anyway... Thanks!
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

resq302

Go to another Mopar dealer or get a part number for one.  I think that dealer is just lazy as I got one for my car not that long ago.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Plumcrazy

Tell the lazy parts man to order #3420848

Bring some cash with you, it lists for $223  :o

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

69chargerboy

My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 

Shakey

When you buy it, post some pics and some details about who manufactured it.

My guess it will be similar to the ones that are available via the aftermarket.

The A/M one I bought was made by Spectra Premium.

69chargerboy

Quote from: Shakey on August 11, 2008, 03:16:03 PM

When you buy it, post some pics and some details about who manufactured it.

My guess it will be similar to the ones that are available via the aftermarket.

The A/M one I bought was made by Spectra Premium.

Thats what I was afraid of. At the MoPar Nats, I almost bought a supposed "Chrysler" brand from Hardens and Herbs Auto. The price ranged from $125 to $140 for the stainless steel "Chrysler" brand. They looked like the cheap zinc sending unit others were selling for half the price. I have bought a sending unit from Year One a few years ago for my 68 Coronet, the sending unit had a Chrysler logo stamped on the outer metal housing. I may buy it from Year One again and see what I get.
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 

Shakey

I bought mine from Car Quest.

There is a thread on here where I posted photos of it.  Chris, our Mod, also purchased one but it was from a different manufacturer.  He posted photos as well.