News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My opinion on the AMD charger hoods

Started by Ryan, August 01, 2008, 09:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blown70

Having worked in a body shop in my younger years, 14-18,  Let me tell you of the "new" parts that came in even from the manufaturer were NOT always that great.  many a time we had to fix some small issues before paint.   

Sorry to hear your issues here.   But I for one am happy we can even get a hood.  Again they are making right with you what happend, a lot of compaines would not.

Ryan

Im not trying to bad mouth them at all. They are a great company and are taking care of me very well. They even offered to send me another new hood for free and keep my other that is completly repairable. :cheers:
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

JimShine

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 06, 2008, 02:46:59 PM

(Legendary, are those buttons on the '69 Charger seatcovers ever gonna begin staying on?  I first experienced that problem from you guys 11 years ago, and you told me at the time it was a "temporary" thing that you'd just become aware of.  Has 11 years been enough time?) 

Funny stuff! I have a full set of tan 1969 Charger seats recovered in 1989 by Legendary. The buttons are the same ones you get today. The only ones intact are on the rear seat, which was never used.

69*F5*SE

At least it's not a total "You get what you pay for" scenerio where the parts are inferior too the point of complete waste. They're going to make things right it sounds like and that's a major plus from a parts manufacturer.  :shruggy:

charger_fan_4ever

My buddy has ran a bodyshop for 24 years, and about 3 years ago put 8 hours into a NOS 70 duster fender to make it truely straight. The fender wasn't banged up from storage. Just crinkles around the marker light and waves. That being said the charger repro sheetmetal will help a lot of us restore cars that were considered junk 5 years ago due to rust free 1/4's, fenders, doors ect not ready available and NOS parts not affordable.

nmy .02

moparstuart

I have sold aftermarket body parts for 20 years now , we quote everything with at least an hour general clean up . nature of the beast but better than nothing . New OEM metal can need clean up also , they make alot of OEM sheet metal in the same factories in tiawan just on a different line ! 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mike DC

Yeah, this is what I was getting at. 
We deserve quality parts, but sometimes our expectations can also be unrealistic.

It seems like too many people expect a repro sheemetal company to be able to make parts with the quality they (think) they remember the OEM stuff had, stamp them in America, and also sell them for 1976 junkyard prices. 

It's not gonna happen. 

Nobody could do this now.  Not even Detroit itself. 

There's no more 1960s labor prices in America.  And there aren't 200,000 buyers to pay full new-car prices for all these parts, before the cars eventually get sold (at a HUGE loss from the car's original purchase price) to the scrapyard 10 years later.

hemi-hampton

Maybe the problem is this nut only has 2 spot welds holding it down when it really needs 4. Somebody should check into the reason for the continued failure & correct :Twocents: :shruggy: :slap: LEON.

moparstuart

That is a common problem with aftermarket hoods .  We have had several of all makes get returned with the same problem . Or the treads are bad or wrong / different threads from one nut to the next in the same hood . E-coat inpacted in the nut needs to be cleans out so on ans so on . You can complain but really you just have to deal with it and go on . You get what you pay for in this case ! But they are better then nothing !
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE