News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Magnetic Pickup for Distributor

Started by 28Texaco, August 01, 2008, 10:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

28Texaco

Hey all,
Would someone please tell me where I can find a NEW magnetic pickup (goes counter-clockwise) for my distributor for my 440?  How much should I expect to pay?  My car runs along ok and then it cuts out sometimes when I'm slowing to a stop.  Then, I'm able to start it back up again a minute later.  My mechanic does not think it's a fuel problem, but an electrical problem instead. 

Second question, I need to repaint my breather cap for my '68.  What shade of black is the factory one... semi-gloss, satin, semi-flat, etc...??

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

r73mopar

have you checked your local parts store for the pick up? most places carry them and they don't cost an arm and a leg. i just bought the whole distributer for $50 new with lifetime warrant :2thumbs:y

28Texaco

Do you mean stores like Kragen and Autozone?  I didn't even think that they would have things for our old classic Mopars.  I've only checked a local Dodge dealership and YearOne to see if they carried any new ones.  I was gonna try maybe even Jegs or Summit Racing next.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T