News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Watrer pump temp. sending unit...

Started by 69XP383, June 28, 2007, 01:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69XP383

Where can you buy new water pump temperature sending units. I need the larger on (1 inch bolt) that has the two wire terminals on the top. I found the heater hose stems, but can't locate the sending units anywhere. :shruggy:

69XP383

Thanks for the reply, now here is a question...

Why are there two sending units, and what is each one for? I actually found the smaller one at auto value, and they told me it was for the gauge in dash. Is one for an emergency high temp light? :shruggy:

Just 6T9 CHGR

If you are working on a 69 Charger 383 you should only have one sending unit for the gauge.  There is no light.

it is only one terminal and it is a 7/16" wrench size  it screws into the housing horizontally

Disregard the one at the top in this pic....its for an after market gauge

You can barely see it but it is the brass one below the Corbin clamp on the heater hose
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

i got directly from ma mopar after gettin one at a carquest and having it read 40 degrees off!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69XP383

What actually went in the larger diameter hole for a stock 69? Should I just put a plug in it? What would the one on the pump that I have now go to...possibly an aftermarket gauge?

Charger-Bodie

the larger hole just gets a plug which is installed with a 3/8 drive extention .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69XP383

Thanks!!

I knew there was a reason I couldn't find it in the 69 wiring diagram.

John_Kunkel

The two terminal sender is used on some C bodies without temperature gauges, one terminal supplies ground for a red overtemp warning light (on at 240°F) and the other is for a green cold warning light (goes off at 140°F).

Not knowing the end use I just supplied the info requested.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Bobs69

Okay hang on.  My motor have the large one on top for a temperature probe........................now I've put in a new one that came with my new rad and electric fans........ but there is another "plug in" on the vertical with a 90degree boot on it.  Which one goes to the gauge in the car??????????