News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So I wrecked my charger... w/PICs

Started by 253862656971, August 01, 2008, 02:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bounced my 71 through the ditch last week.  Long story but here you can see the end result.  I can fix it... I think.  I fixed it once.  I had been using it as a daily driver cause, it has the 318 which gets better mileage than my diesel pickup and gas is cheaper.  I guess this is the risk you run.  Hadn't been in any kind of an accident since I was 15. 
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

and more pics
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

hotrod98

That sux.  :'(

I've been thinking about taking my 340 out of my cuda, installing a 5.9 to get good gas mileage and then driving it almost every day. Well...maybe not.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

resq302

Holy crap!  Are you ok after that?  Physically I mean, not emotionally.  How tall of a ditch did you run into?  Must have been pretty good to bend a rad like that!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Silver R/T

looks like you were really flying lol
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

tan top

yikes .. :o   did you injure your self ...??    took a fair old bash by the look of it   :yesnod: ....   any fender / hood damage ??
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

ChargerSG

Hope you are ok, i know the feeling. Dont look to bad thou :cheers:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

68rt

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

KMPX2

BROCK

I hope the other guy has insurance.  Maybe it's time for an aluminum radiator!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

rt green

third string oil changer

No I wasn't hurt at all.  I have an opinion about seatbelts that may or may not be taken well here but here goes.  Unless it's a 4 point they're worthless (unless in the case of a roll over) and I wont wear them and especially in the case of lap belt only.  So I wasn't wearing a seat belt.  I did wind up kind of in the passenger seat but still holding the wheel.  I went in at about 45mph.  The ditch itself was about 5ft deep and I landed right in the bottom, basically jumped it.  The ditch was a bit muddy so it stopped really fast when all the mud packed up in the engine compartment (see bent fan), and it killed the motor at the same time.  I'm pretty sure if I had been wearing the belt I'd have a big old gash on my head from casing the steering wheel.

There's no other damage to the body other than the the front valance.  Though I parked outside and a storm went through and a hail stone hit my fiberglass fender and broke that so now I have to fix that.  Insult to injury I guess.   :RantExplode:

nakita7

So, which one are you, the blond guy or the dark haired one?  :nana:

mikepmcs

:smilielol:
That's funny, i got it and have been called the dark haired one ever since. :rotz:

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?