News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dumbass mistake......

Started by jaak, August 15, 2008, 08:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

The rear stud on my head snapped off,,,,to make a long story short, tried to drill it out and boogered it up. Can a machine shop weld/retap this? What are my options? Should I get another Head? Its a 906. I know Im a dumbass.

Jason

chargerbr549

Assuming you haven't boogered it up too bad to weld it or the hole won't clean up with a helicoil there are some options one is to drill the hole out to the next size up and use a stud that has 7/16 coarse on one end and 3/8 coarse on the other or if you have a bigger hole to cover up use an insert called an easy lock it is I believe a 9/16 coarse od with a 3/8 coarse id and locktite it in there and you sould be good to go.

Kevin

craigandlynda

if a minor mistake like that makes you a dumbass, then ALL car people are dumbasses...

focus on the repair, and later on you'll remember ithe incident and brag about it while benchracing.,. :pity:

jaak