News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power steering booster hose clamp?

Started by astat1, July 19, 2008, 01:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

astat1

I just lost my brakes coming to a light after doing about 50mph. The booster end of the Bendix power steering hose came off. Luckily I was slowing down for a red light about 1/4 mile before the light so I was able to put my foot to the floorboard and stop. Is there supposed to be a clamp on the booster end of the hose. The check valve is NOS and the Gates hose is new. It feels tight enough but was wondering if a clamp was supposed to be there.
1970 Coronet R/T Convert

Just 6T9 CHGR

Power steering hose?   You are referring to the vacuum hose from the booster to the intake manifold correct?  That hose popping off shouldn't make you "lose" your brakes.....just make the pedal hard with no power assist....you should still have hydraulic pressure.... :scratchchin:

PS----YES there should be a clamp on the booster....its a red anodized Corbin Clamp
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

astat1

Thanks "Just 6T9 ". I was exagerating a bit on the floorboard thing. Beautiful underhood real estate there!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Site member, Bill Allphin sells the correct clamps (as well as tons of other items) on his website

http://amhightechauto.com/
Chris' '69 Charger R/T