News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Radiator / Clutch Fan & Shroud

Started by Carrots, July 09, 2008, 02:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carrots

I need a clutch fan and a shroud for my standard 72 car. However I don't think that the radiator in the car is a '72 and was wondering if anyone can date it from the stamped numbers which are :

I believe the motor in the car is late 60's and so I'd guess the radiator came from that same donor car if that helps. It is 26" and is stamped Chrysler.

I'd also appreciate a heads-up on where I'll be able to get these two parts once I've worked out what it is that I need.

Thanks folks
a lascivious taste for the grotesque, the painfully paradoxical, the questionable and the absurd.

375instroke

Are you sure about the numbers?  2785929 through 2785980 are all the radiators used in '67.  No 2785982.  I got this from MyMopar.com

hemi68charger

Quote from: 375instroke on July 11, 2008, 09:23:49 AM
Are you sure about the numbers?  2785929 through 2785980 are all the radiators used in '67.  No 2785982.  I got this from MyMopar.com

Yes, I've seen Richards car.. He has an earlier model radiator (can't recall the number, but it is a factory 26" version) that someone put in there.. So, he'll need either a shroud to match the current rad. or get another rad, preferrably a '71/'72 version with shroud.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Carrots

I've just taken another look and it ends "962"  not 985. My bad. So It would seem its a 67.

Troy, I'm putting together a basket at year one - will I need a 67' shroud and clutch fan or just a 67 shroud and a '72 fan? I think the latter.

Swapping the radiator is pretty low down the list of priorities right now given my budget and the fact that i have plenty of things that *need* straightening out.
Unless anyone has a 72 rad that won't break the bank that is of course.

I appreciate the assistance folks
a lascivious taste for the grotesque, the painfully paradoxical, the questionable and the absurd.

FLG

If someone has a 72 Radiator for ya i got a brand new Repo 26" shroud from Yearone im not going to use, figure ill just wait till someone needs it and just sell it cheaper (been a month so dont think i can return it)

Carrots

Thank you Sir. It'll need to be a mighty cheap radiator to twist my arm though. My existing does the job and I'm already dealing with Frankensteins monster to a degree. I've seen a new repo rad on ebay for $200 which seems cheap but that is still enough $ not to tempt me. Yearone have '67 shrouds for $150 and I doubt that I'll be able to get a rad and your shroud for that kind of money. Anyway I've PM'd a chap who might have one to see where we're at.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Carrots on July 11, 2008, 11:26:49 AM
I've just taken another look and it ends "962"  not 985. My bad. So It would seem its a 67.

Troy, I'm putting together a basket at year one - will I need a 67' shroud and clutch fan or just a 67 shroud and a '72 fan? I think the latter.

Swapping the radiator is pretty low down the list of priorities right now given my budget and the fact that i have plenty of things that *need* straightening out.
Unless anyone has a 72 rad that won't break the bank that is of course.

I appreciate the assistance folks

Richard..
At this point, I would try and find a '67-'69 shroud for the car and then a fan... You can buy the clutch brand new... I would look around in moparts.com or ebay for a 7-blade fan for those years... We'll talk later....................

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection