News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Attn. Trekkies & Trekkors...The awesome Star Trek tour!

Started by Big Lebowski, July 06, 2008, 10:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Lebowski

OK all you Trekkie nerds, myself included, feast on this eye candy. The Star Trek tour exhibit in our Air & Space museum is out of this world. You'll see the ships, the bridge, get your picture taken in Captain Kirks chair, push buttons from Scottys chair, then off to see the real uniforms, then the next generation section. Awesome, really cool stuff. :2thumbs:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

68 CHARGER R/T

Big Lebowski

The bridge...
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Big Lebowski

Quote from: 68 CHARGER R/T on July 06, 2008, 10:55:23 PM
big where is this place located at

So. Cal. San Diego Air & Space museum. They have an SR72 out front.

Anyway more bridge pics...

Big Lebowski

Cool, Uhura's station, Sulu's & Chekov's controls...

Big Lebowski

The original uniforms from 1968... :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

Dr. McCoy's (Bones) t shirt style & Uhura's uniform. :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

A close up of one of Capt. Kirks original uniforms.  :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

Movin' on, more ships, shuttlecraft & original props... :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

The Shuttle from "The wrath of Khan".  :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

"A question, since before your Sun burned hot in space & before your race was born, I have awaited...a question." :popcrn:

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Big Lebowski

Lets move on to a Galaxy class Starship... :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

Big Lebowski

There's just tons more, a transporter room, even a Star Trek simulator, a jet fighter simulator. The San Diego Air & Space museum is awesome, they have an Apollo 11 "Buzz" space suit, WW l aircraft, WW ll aircraft, you name it & an SR72, go see it if you're around So. Cal. :2thumbs:

bull

Big Lebowski

Quote from: bull on July 07, 2008, 04:41:43 AM
Cool. Is this all a recent addition?

The exhibit is going to be here for the summer & then they're moving it to another city. It's kinda cool sitting in the Captains chair & checking out the hot tour guides in their "Uhura" miniskirts. Oh ya.

dkn1997

Nichelle Nichols really filled out that uniform in 68.  wow!!!
RECHRGED

CaptMarvel

I honestly always slightly preffered Irwin Allen's Lost in Space to Star Trek. Just something about a small band of family pioneers against alien elements instead of a starship manned with hundreds and armed to the teeth appealed to me more, although Ill admit that I just geeked out on those original bridge pics. Cool pics! :icon_smile_wink:

moparstuart

Quote from: CaptMarvel on July 08, 2008, 12:16:41 AM
I honestly always slightly preffered Irwin Allen's Lost in Space to Star Trek. Just something about a small band of family pioneers against alien elements instead of a starship manned with hundreds and armed to the teeth appealed to me more, although Ill admit that I just geeked out on those original bridge pics. Cool pics! :icon_smile_wink:
danger will robinson danger !
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

68RT4ME

Thanks for the pics. I'm a hugh fan of all things Trek. Like it all more than I ever liked Star Wars. Can't wait for the new movie in '09. I was in Vegas a few years ago and went to the Star Trek Experience at the Hilton. It was great. Everyone was in costume and Character. An awesome display of ships and props. That's one to see too when your in town.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd