News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spinal Tap Fans

Started by RallyeMike, July 08, 2008, 08:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyeMike

If you are a fan of this movie you may recall the scene where the marquee had the puppet show billed above Spinal Tap at the low point of their popularity.
When I raced with MKM at the last Gamblers run, I nearly fell down laughing when I saw this marquee outside the hotel.....

" I told them, Spinal Tap on top, then Puppet show..."   :smilielol:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

hutch

that is funny, i loved that movie.  Best in show was another good one by that group.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

471_Magnum

"These go to eleven... that's one louder."

Okay. Trivia time. How did the first three Spinal Tap drummers meet their ends?
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

hutch

Quote from: 471_Magnum on July 08, 2008, 09:32:28 PM

1 gardening accident
2 choked on vomit, (although it was never determined whose vomit it was, as "you can't really dust for vomit")
3 spontaneous human combustion onstage, leaving a small green slime on his drum throne.

RallyeMike

1. Spontaneous combustion,

2. Drown in vomit (his own or anothers?)

3. uh.... fell off his drum kit?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

471_Magnum

And the winner is...

HUTCH!
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Manfred318

Quote from: hutch on July 08, 2008, 09:40:14 PM
Quote from: 471_Magnum on July 08, 2008, 09:32:28 PM

1 gardening accident
2 choked on vomit, (although it was never determined whose vomit it was, as "you can't really dust for vomit")
3 spontaneous human combustion onstage, leaving a small green slime on his drum throne.

:iagree: Well it was more of a globule, really. :yesnod:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

hutch

I have to admit, I have seen the movie about a million times.  I dressed up as Nigel Tufnel (with cold sore) 3 times for halloween over the years.

471_Magnum

Nobody ever remembers the first drummer. Technically, I believe it was "some sort of bizzarre gardening accident".

It's probably been ten years since I've watched it.

moparstuart

Quote from: 471_Magnum on July 09, 2008, 11:37:42 AM
Nobody ever remembers the first drummer. Technically, I believe it was "some sort of bizzarre gardening accident".

didnt kiss have a freakish drummer accident , with one of there no name drummers ? 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ponch ®

Quote from: moparstuart on July 09, 2008, 11:56:14 AM

didnt kiss have a freakish drummer accident , with one of there no name drummers ? 

No, but there was another band - don't remember which one, one of those horrible REO Totosupply-types - whose drummer died from an allergic reaction to a pesticide he used in his garden. A bizarre gardening accident indeed.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 09, 2008, 12:33:16 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 09, 2008, 11:56:14 AM

No, but there was another band - don't remember which one, one of those horrible REO Totosupply-types - whose drummer died from an allergic reaction to a pesticide he used in his garden. A bizarre gardening accident indeed.
      oh sorry it was ace frehley  the guitarist got electricuted and knocked unconsious on stage

Abba drummer killed in freak fall - The ScotsmanAbba drummer killed in freak fall - A FORMER drummer with Abba died in a ... In 1978, aged only 39, he was accidentally electrocuted as he tried to fix a ...
thescotsman.scotsman.com/topstories/Abba-drummer-killed--in.3887036.jp - 48k - Cached - Similar pages

Rule Forty Two - » I heard that Jeff Porcaro, drummer for Toto ...Porcaro–who was also a top studio drummer, with credits such as Steely Dan, ... Did the Yardbirds' Keith Relf really get electrocuted onstage by an electric ...
rulefortytwo.com/secret-rock-knowledge/chapter-14/tragic-gardening-accident/ - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

The Freedom Principle: Jazz After 1958 - Google Books Resultby John Litweiler - 1984 - Music - 324 pages
Another drummer, Joe Chambers, ventured into complex interactions of the Elvin ... and one-handed, electrocuted solos that add a sense of fearful tension, ...
books.google.com/books?isbn=0306803771...
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

SeattleCharger

classic.   can't ever believe when I find that someone hasn't seen or heard of spinal tap, 

smell the glove,     :smilielol:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Neal_J