News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I know its crazy but someone has to do it.

Started by mikes68charger, June 18, 2008, 11:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikes68charger

Look I have a sweet 68 charger and I needed a daily driver and I feel in love with a sublime green daytona charger. To make a long story short my charger got rearended and side swiped from the front to rear bumber. and I have a sweet insurace check to fix up my ride. Im takeing my daytona old school, I got a flat black six pack hood, and Im putting in a 392 Hemi stroker, and a new rear lip spoiler that looks memeics the orgainal 68 charger spoiler.   

Well I have a small mopar junk yard, here in houston and paid $20 for the sheet meatl off of the rear fender that holds the gas cap for the recessed metal, filler tube, and cap. So Im going to put on my 68 flip top gas cap set up on my 07

I welded my floor panels, trunk panels, wheel whels, rear frame, and quourter panels, but that was diffrent it was an old primerd car on its way looking sweet, and this one is sweet and I a little scarred to cut it up.   

Im looking for advice on how to weld this pach panel on my charger.  I was thinking of cutting the 07 and but weld the pach panel on. Im scarred of cutting that much metal out of my 07. I think the possabliyty of distoring the rear feander is hight, so I was thinking.

of just cutting a round hole just a 1/16 bigger than the out curve and placeing the pach under the hole in the quarter and weld it up,   

Not to fond of the ideal of have metal layerd on my newer car.

What methoud would you do? To keep it simple How would you weld a pach panel??? 

Thanks Mike

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mikes68charger

My red 68 got wrecked last year and spent a 13mounths in the body shop  :flame:  Its now my 07 Sublime Charger that got wrecked and Im trying to figure out how to get the gas cap set up off a 68 charger to fit my 07

69bronzeT5

Hmm thats a hard question to answer. Considering that I've never seen anybody do it before, it would probally take some creativity and alot of custom work. Do you have any pics of the wrecked 07?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bordin34

Doesn't the new Challenger have a flip-top gas cap? You could use that cap, I am sure it would be easier.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

mikes68charger

Thats true, I didn't really think of that! I havent seen an up close pic of the gas cap on the chally but as soon as they hit the floors I gess I can check them out. But if its that easy everyone is going to do it, I didn't buy a lime green car to look like everyone eles. Thanks Mike   

There is a guy how is tryin to make the charger door scoop to go on his front fender.

bordin34

Here is a picture I took at the NY Auto Show.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Arkolyte

I have seen something similar done.  Saw a Nissan at a car show that had a flip-top gas cap from some other car.  It caught my eye when I noticed there was a side panel too.  What you're talking about would probably be extremely frustrating, but with a little bit of work and something hard to bang your head on, you could get it done and have a unique experience at the gas station. :2thumbs: