News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1973 Dodge Charger

Started by radicalr6, June 25, 2008, 01:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radicalr6

Hi, im looking in buying a 73' Charger.. But my knowledge about muscle cars is inexistent.   I am a Sport Biker, but when it comes to old school cars i don't know what to look for..Any info would be great..

I have heard big block or small block, is that a difference between v8 and v6 and auto v manual??  Also how much should i pay for a regular 73' Charger... There is one in my area with the following info..

5.2 L motor, tranny off of a 71 charger(i think), dual flowmaster exaust, metallic black paint (~2yrs old), 20' custom chrome wheels, re-did the backseat,new headiner, put in 2 racing seats,put in carpet,blacked out the interior, cd player (DUB) w/ 4 6X9's, 2 4X6's(DUB), and a 10' DUB woofer

moparstuart

welcome ,  we need picture you give you a better idea on price .  What are they asking ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Khyron

Quote from: radicalr6 on June 25, 2008, 01:56:53 PM
Hi, im looking in buying a 73' Charger.. But my knowledge about muscle cars is inexistent.   I am a Sport Biker, but when it comes to old school cars i don't know what to look for..Any info would be great..

I have heard big block or small block, is that a difference between v8 and v6 and auto v manual??  Also how much should i pay for a regular 73' Charger... There is one in my area with the following info..

Well, there is no V6, I can answer that. if it's a 318 or 360, don't pay to awful much, is it a SE or any special trim options?

Quote from: radicalr6 on June 25, 2008, 01:56:53 PM
5.2 L motor, tranny off of a 71 charger(i think), dual flowmaster exaust, metallic black paint (~2yrs old), 20' custom chrome wheels, re-did the backseat,new headiner, put in 2 racing seats,put in carpet,blacked out the interior, cd player (DUB) w/ 4 6X9's, 2 4X6's(DUB), and a 10' DUB woofer

ummm, loose the rims ;) and the sterio doesn't impress me, sounds like a standard small block B body, without pics though I don't even know where to start, a few grand? Blacked out Interior? did the guy spray paint the inside? all this is making me wonder if you should wait for another one? but again, need pics or link to the Ad.

and racing seats in a 318 car? what the hell did he do to the motor to make it that scary? Not knocking you man, just think some of the options listed are not needed at all and the owner will just try to get you to pay for a car with un needed features. Whats the amount being asked?

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Joshua

Is this supposed to be some kind of joke????

radicalr6

Alright thanks for the replys, here are some pics.. Im not a fan of the rims or the sound system i just like the car. Asking price is 9.5k...Second owner..has original 5.2L engine.. not sure yet if its a 360 or a 318..

Sinister68

-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

radicalr6

Quote from: Sinister68 on June 25, 2008, 07:02:06 PM
5.2L = 318
5.9L = 360

ah, i see.  thank you....sorry for my ignorance

wordslikebullets

Looks like a cool car.  I just like the fat of there being another charger on the road so even if you or some other guy doest like the rims it only maters how much you like the car.  make sure to check the drivers and passengers side floorpan I forgot to one time and it was a big deal.  main point is if you like the car who cares right?  I think that the stereo is cool so have some fun with it.  I do think it might be a little high.

Flomaster= $800-1000 (if he has headers too)
Seats= $400-600
Paint and body= $3000-4000
Interior= $300-500

Charger = $2000=4000

Running and driveable= Priceless
I Love Chargers Yes I Do....I love Charger How Bout You

BMOTOXSTAR

I would hold out and try MOPARTS or watch the site here. There is a nice 71' SE Survivor on MOPARTS. You just have to wait sometimes and try to look at as many as you can in a certain time frame. :Twocents:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

bordin34

I would pay maybe 4-5k for that not any more. Check out www.moparts.com and their message board.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Khyron

Quote from: bordin34 on June 25, 2008, 10:06:29 PM
I would pay maybe 4-5k for that not any more. Check out www.moparts.com and their message board.

agreed.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger74

Not a bad restore mod, but not worth that much.  Take a look at it, check the floors pans, the trunk and the quarters.  You can always sell the fugly wheels and buy better/smaller ones.   Same with the stereo, but that depends one how much you like.  If you are trying to find on that is a driver and doesn't need a lot of work, then you may find that this price isn't too bad.  Look on ebay at 3rd gens and you will get a decent idea of how much they are selling for.  Also, do check out moparts.com, they do has some good ones show up from time to time.