News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tire Fun

Started by Kevin68N71, June 19, 2008, 06:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin68N71

As I have written before, my 68 has sat for essentially 20 years.  I am just getting it back to running, and know that I will have to get tires to replace the dry rotted ones on there now.

They are old bias ply tires, they still look great.  I have fat L60-14s on the back, and F70-14s on the front.  There is about an 1.5 inch difference in tire height, so I have a nice natural rake without air shocks, which I hate.

That said, moving to radials the closest I could find were good width wise, but about the same on height.  The car would be flat, and I would definitely not be happy with that look.

I really wanted to go with radials on this, but thinking, hey, maybe stay with bias.  They always handled "good enough" for me in the past, and they are not the skinny 78 series tires.

That said, the only fat L60s I could find in the world are white raised letter Mickey Thompsons.  Anyone have any experience with this tire, or any other thoughts?

KP
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

Ghoste

Wouldn't you get a better range of choice in a 15 inch to get the rake you want and go radial?

Kevin68N71

That is an idea...do you mean go 15 in the back and leave the 14 in the front?  Would have to buy new rims, slotted mags that 1/2 way matched.

That is a good consideration though....

KP
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?